Fritz ATA and voip.co.uk

Old April 10th 07, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
acdeag

Default Fritz ATA and voip.co.uk

Anyone know what settings I should use on this, I have put my six digit
username in User Name and used the correct password. I have also put
registrar.voip.co.uk in the Registrar section, and left stun-server blank.
However it is not working, the log is showing "Registration of Internet
number XXXXX failed. Remote site reports reason for error 403".

Can anyone help

Old April 11th 07, 01:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"acdeag" wrote in message
Anyone know what settings I should use on this, I have
put my six digit username in User Name and used the
correct password. I have also put registrar.voip.co.uk in
the Registrar section, and left stun-server blank.
However it is not working, the log is showing
"Registration of Internet number XXXXX failed. Remote
site reports reason for error 403".
Can anyone help

The general rule is to put your SIP ID in both "Internet Number" and
"Username" - also make sure you have the box "Use Internet Number" ticked.

AFAIK there is no setting for STUN in a Fritz!Box, which model are you
using..? Also try putting voip.co.uk in the Proxy Server field and enable
that, it might require it. I don't use voip.co.uk so can't offer any more
help than that I'm afraid.

Ivor

Old April 11th 07, 08:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"acdeag" wrote in message
Anyone know what settings I should use on this, I have
put my six digit username in User Name and used the
correct password. I have also put registrar.voip.co.uk in
the Registrar section, and left stun-server blank.
However it is not working, the log is showing
"Registration of Internet number XXXXX failed. Remote
site reports reason for error 403".
Can anyone help

The general rule is to put your SIP ID in both "Internet Number" and
"Username" - also make sure you have the box "Use Internet Number" ticked.

AFAIK there is no setting for STUN in a Fritz!Box, which model are you
using..? Also try putting voip.co.uk in the Proxy Server field and enable
that, it might require it. I don't use voip.co.uk so can't offer any more
help than that I'm afraid.

Ivor

Mine works OK with voip.co.uk without the "Use Internet Number" ticked.
This is used together with the internet number field to influence the choice
of outgoing caller id but if an internet number is not present, voip.co.uk
just take the default as in the online account settings. I seem to remember
that if the Internet Number is not a valid one, voip.co.uk reject the
registration.

Registrar is registrar.voip.co.uk
and proxy is proxy.voip.co.uk
Leave STUN server blank

This set-up certainly works for me, and I think it is most likely to be the
box that needs unticking for it to work, or that you have set a STUN server.

Good luck.

Old April 11th 07, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Herman" wrote in
message

[snip]

Mine works OK with voip.co.uk without the "Use Internet
Number" ticked. This is used together with the internet
number field to influence the choice of outgoing caller
id but if an internet number is not present, voip.co.uk
just take the default as in the online account settings. I seem to
remember that if the Internet Number is not a
valid one, voip.co.uk reject the registration.
Registrar is registrar.voip.co.uk
and proxy is proxy.voip.co.uk
Leave STUN server blank

This set-up certainly works for me, and I think it is
most likely to be the box that needs unticking for it to
work, or that you have set a STUN server.

So where do you set a STUN server in a Fritz..? I can't see an option for
it on mine.

Ivor

Old April 11th 07, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Herman" wrote in
message

[snip]

Mine works OK with voip.co.uk without the "Use Internet
Number" ticked. This is used together with the internet
number field to influence the choice of outgoing caller
id but if an internet number is not present, voip.co.uk
just take the default as in the online account settings. I seem to
remember that if the Internet Number is not a
valid one, voip.co.uk reject the registration.
Registrar is registrar.voip.co.uk
and proxy is proxy.voip.co.uk
Leave STUN server blank

This set-up certainly works for me, and I think it is
most likely to be the box that needs unticking for it to
work, or that you have set a STUN server.

So where do you set a STUN server in a Fritz..? I can't see an option for
it on mine.

Ivor

It is on the internet telephony screen together with the proxy and registrar
servers. To be honest, I can't see it is needed if the Fritz is first in
line in any case

Old April 11th 07, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Herman" wrote in
message
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Herman" wrote in
message

[snip]

[...]

Hmm, not on mine it isn't. Although mine is the non-wireless version, the
original Fritz!Box Fon so things have obviously changed.

Still wish they'd bring out the 7170 over here.

Ivor

Old April 11th 07, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

So where do you set a STUN server in a Fritz..? I can't see an option for
it on mine.

Does not surprise me.
I have 2 7050 Boxes, with the same FW Version.
One displays the STUN server entry, the other does not....
Anyway, not needed if the Fritz is used as ADSL modem, or as a router ...