FRITZ!Box Fon ata

Old April 12th 07, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Adrian

Default FRITZ!Box Fon ata

Hi, does anyone here have experience of running the FRITZ!Box Fon ATA
without a standard telephone line. The unit in question is the ATA
PBX that has no ADSL 'modem'.

FRITZ!Box Fon ATA in VoIP only mode and ignore the unit's provision
for a standard 'phone line.

However, yesterday I located the manual for said ATA on-line @
http://www.voipsolutions.be/document...ox_Fon_ata.pdf
It states, on page 12, that a 'phone line is required.

Before I spend nearly GBP90.00 on this unit I want to be sure it will
work in a VoIP only environment. Happily, I have not had a telephone
line for nearly for years! :-)

So, does anyone have the FRITZ!Box Fon ATA, do you operate it without
a 'phone line? Is this a problem? Are you otherwise happy with it?

Many thanks

Adrian

Old April 12th 07, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Adrian" wrote in message
ups.com...

Before I spend nearly GBP90.00 on this unit I want to be sure it will
work in a VoIP only environment. Happily, I have not had a telephone
line for nearly for years! :-)

You should not spent GBP90.00 for a device that only costs 95.00 EUR
overhere ...
(= GBP60.00 at current exchange rates)
On www.ebey.de you will find many offers for 25-30 EUR (in most cases
un-used devices). And because no ADSL modem, there are no Annex A/Annex B
issues to worry about)

So, does anyone have the FRITZ!Box Fon ATA, do you operate it without
a 'phone line? Is this a problem? Are you otherwise happy with it?

As far as I can see, the FRITZ!Box Fon ATA has exactly the same feautures as
the well-known FritzBoxes, apart from the fact that there is no built-in DSL
Modem, therefore need to be operated behind a Modem (Cable or ADSL) or
behind a Router.
Therefore I'm 99.99% sure that this device can be operated WITHOUT a phone
line. Just set-up one of your VOIP lines as the "main phone number" to force
all calls going trough this (default) Voip account (unless overrided by the
Dial Plan settings)

rgds
Philippe

Old April 12th 07, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
acdeag

"Adrian" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi, does anyone here have experience of running the FRITZ!Box Fon ATA
without a standard telephone line. The unit in question is the ATA
PBX that has no ADSL 'modem'.

FRITZ!Box Fon ATA in VoIP only mode and ignore the unit's provision
for a standard 'phone line.

However, yesterday I located the manual for said ATA on-line @
http://www.voipsolutions.be/document...ox_Fon_ata.pdf
It states, on page 12, that a 'phone line is required.

Before I spend nearly GBP90.00 on this unit I want to be sure it will
work in a VoIP only environment. Happily, I have not had a telephone
line for nearly for years! :-)

So, does anyone have the FRITZ!Box Fon ATA, do you operate it without
a 'phone line? Is this a problem? Are you otherwise happy with it?

Many thanks

Adrian

I am currently using it without a phone line as my line is not working (I
have cable broadband).

Old April 12th 07, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Henk van Andel

"Adrian" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi, does anyone here have experience of running the FRITZ!Box Fon ATA
without a standard telephone line. The unit in question is the ATA
PBX that has no ADSL 'modem'.

FRITZ!Box Fon ATA in VoIP only mode and ignore the unit's provision
for a standard 'phone line.

However, yesterday I located the manual for said ATA on-line @
http://www.voipsolutions.be/document...ox_Fon_ata.pdf
It states, on page 12, that a 'phone line is required.

Before I spend nearly GBP90.00 on this unit I want to be sure it will
work in a VoIP only environment. Happily, I have not had a telephone
line for nearly for years! :-)

So, does anyone have the FRITZ!Box Fon ATA, do you operate it without
a 'phone line? Is this a problem? Are you otherwise happy with it?

Many thanks

Adrian

You can use a FBF ATA wiothout telephone line.
You can do this with any FritzBox Fon, by connecting to LAN and 'bypassing'
the ADSL modem part.
The FBF Classic (the first/simplest model) does that for less mony than an
ATA!

Grz Henk van Andel

Old April 12th 07, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dg

However, yesterday I located the manual for said ATA on-line @http://www.voipsolutions.be/documents/Manual/Manual_FRITZBox_Fon_ata.pdf
It states, on page 12, that a 'phone line is required.

Before I spend nearly GBP90.00 on this unit I want to be sure it will
work in a VoIP only environment. Happily, I have not had a telephone
line for nearly for years! :-)

So, does anyone have the FRITZ!Box Fon ATA, do you operate it without
a 'phone line? Is this a problem? Are you otherwise happy with it?

Many thanks

Adrian

I run this unit without a phone line, no problems.

You just essentially, don't plug anything in to the phone socket.
Easy !

dg

Old April 13th 07, 01:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Adrian

On Apr 12, 2:44 pm, "dg" wrote:

I run this unit without a phone line, no problems.

You just essentially, don't plug anything in to the phone socket.
Easy !

dg- Hide quoted text -

Thank you all!

That answers my question. All I need now is a retailer who will sell
me a UK version of the Fritz!box fon ATA 1020 and ship it to the US at
a reasonable price. :-)

Adrian

Old April 13th 07, 01:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:41:01 +0200, "Philippe Deleye"
wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
oups.com...

Before I spend nearly GBP90.00 on this unit I want to be sure it will
work in a VoIP only environment. Happily, I have not had a telephone
line for nearly for years! :-)

You should not spent GBP90.00 for a device that only costs 95.00 EUR
overhere ...
(= GBP60.00 at current exchange rates)
On www.ebey.de you will find many offers for 25-30 EUR (in most cases
un-used devices). And because no ADSL modem, there are no Annex A/Annex B
issues to worry about)

You are right to highlight the difference we have to pay, as usual, in
rip off UK. However, it is important to note that there are important
differences between the Annex B devices in Germany and the Annex A
devices in the UK. Fine to buy from outside the UK if you can be sure
you are buying the correct (Annex A) version of your chosen Fritzbox.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old April 13th 07, 01:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

So, does anyone have the FRITZ!Box Fon ATA, do you operate it without
a 'phone line? Is this a problem? Are you otherwise happy with it?

My Fritz Fon ATA works well without phone line.
I bought it on Ebay from Germany. I was used and paid 48 euros.

C.

Old April 13th 07, 01:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
ups.com
So, does anyone have the FRITZ!Box Fon ATA, do you
operate it without a 'phone line? Is this a problem?
Are you otherwise happy with it?

My Fritz Fon ATA works well without phone line.
I bought it on Ebay from Germany. I was used and paid 48
euros.

What were you used for..?

Ivor