WHICH WAY DO YOU WIRE A HOUSE*** HELP***!!!!!!

Old April 13th 07, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default WHICH WAY DO YOU WIRE A HOUSE*** HELP***!!!!!!

On Apr 13, 8:34 pm, "Brian" wrote:
wrote:
Re-newingthe wiring system in house. Loads of options out there but
need one good for broadband and have plenty of connections in home
(have office in garden and so on....
Trouble is initially i was to instal a slave to slave system from
the nET5 which meent by the 4 point quality may not be as good i.e.
phone riniging etc...

Anyway I need 10 phone points which gives plenty of options (office
, sky box connection, bedrooms and hall etc)
What I considered was to go from my NET5 to a junction box. from the
junction box run 5 seperate 2 pair wire to 5 master sockets. From
there between the 5 masters on 3 of them there will be 2 or less
slaves which gives me the 10 points. Thus on any single spur there
will be 1 master and a max of 2 slaves.
Should I wish to connect in a broadband router i would connect into
one of the 5 master sockets which gives better flexability.

Is this a suiatble solution to having 10 points with 5 possible
broadband locations its just useful for my set-up and future
changes. (the first connection after the net5 would be the junction
box)

Hopefully someone out there can advise..

??????

Do you always go out of your way to make things complicated????

Just cable in as many network RJ45 sockets as you wish, running back
to a patch panel near to your NTE5a location, then just patch in which
ones you require, both broadband & telephone. It's simple
really.....honest.- Hide quoted text -

HI Brian thanks for that Im an IT manager but never thought of this
method.

The NET5 is located in the hallway really awkward as its narrow I was
going to run a cable (2 pair to the garage which I have built on the
side of house and that was where junction box would be. Could I
therefore place the patch panel there (its about 20 yards from NET5
box?
Also do i use cat5e cable? if so wiring this up could be a nightmare?

Thanks for your suggestion please advise