Firtzbox ATA and Cable Caller Display

Old April 14th 07, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ACDeag

Default Firtzbox ATA and Cable Caller Display

All calls to my cable line come up as Witheld however calls to VOIP
lines are fine. Is there something I need to change in my Fritzbox ATA?

Old April 14th 07, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

ACDeag has brought this to us :
All calls to my cable line come up as Witheld however calls to VOIP lines are
fine. Is there something I need to change in my Fritzbox ATA?

Which (legacy) cable network are you on?

I assume CLID works fine on your phones without the Fritz!Box
connected?

The cable companies use many different standards across the country.

Old April 14th 07, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ACDeag

Jono explained on 14/04/2007 :
ACDeag has brought this to us :
All calls to my cable line come up as Witheld however calls to VOIP lines
are fine. Is there something I need to change in my Fritzbox ATA?

Which (legacy) cable network are you on?

I assume CLID works fine on your phones without the Fritz!Box connected?

The cable companies use many different standards across the country.

Telewest in Edinburgh. Yes they work fine. I have set the regional
settings to United Kingdom, I wonder whether this means it is trying to
use the BT CLID standard.

Old April 14th 07, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

ACDeag has brought this to us :
Jono explained on 14/04/2007 :
ACDeag has brought this to us :
All calls to my cable line come up as Witheld however calls to VOIP lines
are fine. Is there something I need to change in my Fritzbox ATA?

Which (legacy) cable network are you on?

I assume CLID works fine on your phones without the Fritz!Box connected?

The cable companies use many different standards across the country.

Telewest in Edinburgh. Yes they work fine. I have set the regional settings
to United Kingdom, I wonder whether this means it is trying to use the BT
CLID standard.

I had no end of trouble getting CLID to work on various DECT sets on my
mother's TW line.

Luckily, though I managed to fix it using an SPA3000 - this catches the
TW CLID info successfully, every time & passes it to the DECT sets. As
TW couldn't fix the problem of no CLID on the phones, installing a VoIP
adapter created the necessary "push" to get my mum onto VoIP. Result -
TW only get line rental now.

Enough of my issues - unless someone comes along with personal
knowledge of the TW system in Edinburgh, the best I can suggest is that
you try each CLID setting in the Fritz!Box & hope one of them works.

It may be worth swapping the pins round too - change the polarity of
the line - swap blue/white & blue cables round. This /shouldn't/ make
any difference, however, I have seen it actually make a difference.

Old April 14th 07, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
BC

Jono wrote:

Enough of my issues - unless someone comes along with personal knowledge
of the TW system in Edinburgh, the best I can suggest is that you try
each CLID setting in the Fritz!Box & hope one of them works.

Ex-TW franchises in Scotland use DMS switches. Caller ID type is
Bellcore - similar to North America.
Old April 14th 07, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Andrews

"BC" wrote in message
k...
Jono wrote:

Enough of my issues - unless someone comes along with personal knowledge
of the TW system in Edinburgh, the best I can suggest is that you try
each CLID setting in the Fritz!Box & hope one of them works.

Ex-TW franchises in Scotland use DMS switches. Caller ID type is
Bellcore - similar to North America.

Virgin Media, as Telewest now is, are legally obliged to publish full
technical details of their interface. The Telewest Technical Interface
Specification (TIS) 4, published in 2002, deals with the Caller Display used
on all their switches, this document contains sufficient information for a
manufacturer to design a working caller display system. This document
availability is an EU requirement. It used to be on the Telewest web site
(around 2002/3) but disappeared when their web site was redesigned about
that time.

Try contacting: Head of Group Compliance at Virgin Media - who presumably
took over the responsibilities of Telewest at their rebranding - but it may
take some time and perseverance. The document exists - I had a paper copy
once, but now lost!

Peter

Old April 17th 07, 02:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓░░░

Recently, BC popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...
|Jono wrote:
|

| Enough of my issues - unless someone comes along with personal knowledge
| of the TW system in Edinburgh, the best I can suggest is that you try
| each CLID setting in the Fritz!Box & hope one of them works.
|

|Ex-TW franchises in Scotland use DMS switches. Caller ID type is
|Bellcore - similar to North America.

Change the regional settings to Germany, that worked for me. UK no use
as it's set up for the BT CLID standard.
--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid