Sky Broadband and macBook anyone using this setup

Old April 15th 07, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lynn W

Default Sky Broadband and macBook anyone using this setup

I want to swap to Sky Broadband from BTOpenworld. I have just
purchased a macBook and being as I know you have to use the router
Sky provide as I was wondering if anyone on here was using this
combination. I have a Netgear Wireless DG834G at the moment (which
I believe is pretty similar to what Sky provide, if not the same
rebadged) and I have a Toshiba wireless connected to it, a Mesh
Desktop connected via Ethernet, but the macBook just won't connect
at all. It sees the router but when I put in the correct password
(it is on WPA Personal) it gives an error. I don't want to move to
Sky Broadband and then find I can't connect using my macBook as that
will be my main machine. Thanks for any help and advice anyone can
give.
Lynn

Old April 15th 07, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

It sees the router but when I put in the correct password it gives an
error.

Have you locked down the MAC address in the router perchance, so only
the Tosh is allowed to connect ?