N95 VoIP settings crippled by Orange

Old April 16th 07, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

Default N95 VoIP settings crippled by Orange

http://www.slashgear.com/n95-voip-cr...lve-164795.php

I don't imagine Orange is alone in this practice.

Can this be undone by a Nokia service agent resetting the phone?

thread on Truphone forum as well

http://www.mobilevoipforum.org/showthread.php?t=515

Old April 16th 07, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 16 Apr 2007 05:03:25 -0700, "andy"
wrote:

http://www.slashgear.com/n95-voip-cr...lve-164795.php

I don't imagine Orange is alone in this practice.

Can this be undone by a Nokia service agent resetting the phone?

thread on Truphone forum as well

http://www.mobilevoipforum.org/showthread.php?t=515

This is an interesting development. If I was on a high priced
contract, in order to secure a VOIP capable phone, I would be doing
it precisely because SIP VOIP is a facility I want. If I found that an
operator had removed that facility I'd be cancelling the contract on
the first day.
Being forewarned means I will now want a demonstration, or written
statement, that the VOIP on the phone I am receiving is fully
operational and the rest of its features in full working order.
I would also want to ensure that such a service is not locked to any
particular provider. I am against locking and other anti-competitve
behaviour.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.