Blueyonder mail failure

Old April 16th 07, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default Blueyonder mail failure

A friend has created two new mailboxes and alias's for them on his
Blueyonder (formerly Telewest, now Virgin Media). He's had his Blueyonder
account for a few years now and his main email address is an
@blueyonder.co.uk one, so we assumed his new mailbox should also follow that
pattern instead of an @virginmedia one.

Anyway, he sent me a test message from each of the new mailboxes and I
received both of them OK. The problem comes when I try to reply to them and
I get the following error message:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.

195.188.53.99 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 Administrative prohibition - unable to validate
recipient
Giving up on 195.188.53.99.

What exactly does that mean? I know that 195.188.53.99 is a Blueyonder
machine so the mail is leaving my ISP but failing at Blueyonder. He created
the mailboxes about 2 hours ago and, like I said, can send from them without
any problem. Does it take longer for Blueyonder systems to process and set
up the POP3 side - can't see it meself, but you never know eh? )

Is this something that my mate has/hasn't done or does he need to ring
Blueyonder and get them to sort it?

Cheers,

John.

Old April 17th 07, 12:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

John wrote:
A friend has created two new mailboxes and alias's for them on his
Blueyonder (formerly Telewest, now Virgin Media). He's had his
Blueyonder account for a few years now and his main email address is
an @blueyonder.co.uk one, so we assumed his new mailbox should also
follow that pattern instead of an @virginmedia one.

Anyway, he sent me a test message from each of the new mailboxes and I
received both of them OK. The problem comes when I try to reply to
them and I get the following error message:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't
work out.

195.188.53.99 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 Administrative prohibition - unable to validate
recipient
Giving up on 195.188.53.99.

What exactly does that mean? I know that 195.188.53.99 is a Blueyonder
machine so the mail is leaving my ISP but failing at Blueyonder. He
created the mailboxes about 2 hours ago and, like I said, can send
from them without any problem. Does it take longer for Blueyonder
systems to process and set up the POP3 side - can't see it meself,
but you never know eh? )
Is this something that my mate has/hasn't done or does he need to ring
Blueyonder and get them to sort it?

Cheers,

John.

Has he set up the new Aliases through selfcare ?
Can he access them through webmail ? at https://webmail.blueyonder.co.uk/
Are you sending mail through your own server and not your ISPs server ?
--

Yddap

Old April 17th 07, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Brown

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:54:06 +0100, "John"
wrote:

Hi John,

195.188.53.99 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 Administrative prohibition - unable to validate
recipient
Giving up on 195.188.53.99.

What exactly does that mean? I know that 195.188.53.99 is a Blueyonder
machine so the mail is leaving my ISP but failing at Blueyonder. He created
the mailboxes about 2 hours ago and, like I said, can send from them without
any problem. Does it take longer for Blueyonder systems to process and set
up the POP3 side - can't see it meself, but you never know eh? )

Is this something that my mate has/hasn't done or does he need to ring
Blueyonder and get them to sort it?

The error message suggests that the e-mail address being sent to
doesn't exist on the platform - has he double checked in selfcare
(http://selfcare.blueyonder.co.uk) that the e-mail address you're
sending to is exactly the same as the one he's set up?

If he wants to go into any more detail on this one it might be worth
suggesting that he goes to the blueyonder.support.mail newsgroup on
our local news server (news-text.blueyonder.co.uk) and the support
team would be able to diagnose further.

HTH

Alex

--

Alex Brown
Senior Product Manager
Old April 17th 07, 09:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Alex Brown" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:54:06 +0100, "John"
wrote:

Hi John,

[...]

Thanks very much for that Alex, I'll pass on the info about the newsgroup to
him. He said that he set up the new email addresses from within Selfcare and
then just entered all the relevant details into Outlook Express.

The error message suggests that the e-mail address being sent to
doesn't exist on the platform - has he double checked in selfcare

How can that be possible if he's created the addresses within Selfcare and
then put the details in OE and successfully sent mail from Outlook Express
and those newly created addresses to me?

Cheers mate,

John.

Old April 17th 07, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Brown

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:59:49 +0100, "John"
wrote:

How can that be possible if he's created the addresses within Selfcare and
then put the details in OE and successfully sent mail from Outlook Express
and those newly created addresses to me?

I guess it could be a typo in OE config? Anyway the support guys
should be able to resolve.

Alex

Old April 17th 07, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Yddap" wrote in message
John wrote:
[...]

Yes

Can he access them through webmail ? at
https://webmail.blueyonder.co.uk/

Don't know but I'll get him to try it

Are you sending mail through your own server and not your ISPs server ?

No, he sent the test messages to my BTInternet address and I'm replying to
him from BTs mail server.

Thanks Yddap,

John