Old May 6th 20, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
grinch

Default W10 L2TP question

On 06/05/2020 19:55, Graham J wrote:
grinch wrote:

[snip]

Is one W10 Pro and the other W10 Home?* Some of the better network
security features are only available in the Pro version.

#
Also the one that is failing is trying to use IPsec encryption is that
configured on the router ? It is a pain to get working. If you are
using encryption which you should be, try SSL its easier to get working.

The router is the same, no changes between testing the two laptop clients.

The settings on the laptops are visibly identical.* How would I find out
whether one laptop is trying to use encryption?* Does the syslog output
I showed in the original post indicate that?

'cos incomplete ISAKMP SA this is telling you that the pre shared key
is not matching . As I said before IPsec is hard work ,try using SSL
encryption.