Old May 6th 20, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_3_]

Default W10 L2TP question

grinch wrote:
On 06/05/2020 19:55, Graham J wrote:
grinch wrote:

[snip]

Is one W10 Pro and the other W10 Home?* Some of the better network
security features are only available in the Pro version.

#
Also the one that is failing is trying to use IPsec encryption is
that configured on the router ? It is a pain to get working. If you
are using encryption which you should be, try SSL its easier to get
working.

The router is the same, no changes between testing the two laptop
clients.

The settings on the laptops are visibly identical.* How would I find
out whether one laptop is trying to use encryption?* Does the syslog
output I showed in the original post indicate that?

*'cos incomplete ISAKMP SA this is telling you that the pre shared key
is not matching . As* I said before IPsec is hard work ,try using SSL
encryption.

The router is set for L2TP with NO IPSec policy.

The working client is set for L2TP, advanced = use certificate. I.E. no
pre-shared key.

The non-working client is set the same way; so that should not be using
IPSec either. So are you saying that DESPITE THESE SETTINGS the
non-working client is actually trying to use a pre-shared key?

--
Graham J