Orange - problem with sending emails to multiple users

Old April 17th 07, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
al Mossah

Default Orange - problem with sending emails to multiple users

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find
evidence looking at old posts.

In the last week I've tried to reply to all on incoming mails, only to
get a message in my MS Outlook that there are too many recipients. I
only get this message once Outlook has tried to connect to the Orange
server, so I suspect it's an Orange problem. I haven't done an
exhaustive test (I want to retain at least some of my friends), but it
seems to allow only about 10 addresses in one email.

I never used to have a problem with a limit like this, but I have not
had need to reply to more than 10 for several months.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so, any clues how to
increase this limit or get around the limit?

Thanks in advance,

Peter.

Old April 17th 07, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Wolstenholme

On 17 Apr 2007 02:59:41 -0700, al Mossah wrote:

(snip)

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so, any clues how to
increase this limit or get around the limit?

It is a simple method to stop spam. Some people do not realize they
could be being used to send spam.

Old April 17th 07, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

al Mossah wrote:
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find
evidence looking at old posts.

In the last week I've tried to reply to all on incoming mails, only to
get a message in my MS Outlook that there are too many recipients. I
only get this message once Outlook has tried to connect to the Orange
server, so I suspect it's an Orange problem. I haven't done an
exhaustive test (I want to retain at least some of my friends), but it
seems to allow only about 10 addresses in one email.

I never used to have a problem with a limit like this, but I have not
had need to reply to more than 10 for several months.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so, any clues how to
increase this limit or get around the limit?

I'd imagine that it's a server restriction. We do a similar thing but as
opposed to limit the number of emails we introduce a short delay as the
number of recipients increases:-

http://www.plus.net/support/email/em...il_faq.shtml#9

To get around it I guess you could sign up a gmail account or something
similar and use that for sending email, although I'm not too sure what
restrictions (if any) Google have in place.

You can configure gmail to pick up your orange messages and then set
your gmail account up in a local mail client like Outlook Express. If
you then change the sending address to your Orange one it should pretty
much look like you're still using your Orange account.

Kind Rgds,