Old May 22nd 20, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade[_3_]

Default Shell energy broadband

On 22/05/2020 22:27, Chris wrote:
David Wade wrote:
On 22/05/2020 09:08, brightside wrote:
On Fri, 22 May 2020 07:11:31 -0000 (UTC), Chris
wrote:

brightside wrote:

On Thu, 21 May 2020 21:00:53 -0000 (UTC), Chris
wrote:

Where have Shell broadband come from? Can't find much info about them. They
have some interesting deals at the moment.

Shell bought First Utility in March 2019 and changed name to Shell
Energy.

Ta. Did they do broadband as well? Were they any good?

Try a Google!

Yes got 2-stars.

https://www.broadband.co.uk/broadban...nergy/reviews/

Its Openreach of course so I assume BT backhaul

Thanks. I looked at Think Broadband, but they had no info.

They look "cheap and cheerful". So if things work you will be fine. They
are happy to have customers who don't require them to expend any effort
to retain them. Such customers are profitable.

If there are issues they will simply blame Openreach. They will be happy
for you to go elsewhere, so some other ISP will have the expense and
effort of dealing with Openreach. They will try and off-load any charges
openreach raises back to you possibly with a 10% surcharge....

Dave