Old May 23rd 20, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default Shell energy broadband

David Wade wrote:
On 22/05/2020 22:27, Chris wrote:
David Wade wrote:
On 22/05/2020 09:08, brightside wrote:
On Fri, 22 May 2020 07:11:31 -0000 (UTC), Chris
wrote:

brightside wrote:

On Thu, 21 May 2020 21:00:53 -0000 (UTC), Chris
wrote:

Where have Shell broadband come from? Can't find much info about them. They
have some interesting deals at the moment.

Shell bought First Utility in March 2019 and changed name to Shell
Energy.

Ta. Did they do broadband as well? Were they any good?

Try a Google!

Yes got 2-stars.

https://www.broadband.co.uk/broadban...nergy/reviews/

Its Openreach of course so I assume BT backhaul

Thanks. I looked at Think Broadband, but they had no info.

They look "cheap and cheerful". So if things work you will be fine. They
are happy to have customers who don't require them to expend any effort
to retain them. Such customers are profitable.

Am mostly curious as I'd not heard of them before. Will only be using them
to haggle the price with plusnet when my current deal is up for renewal
next month.