Old June 22nd 20, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NY[_2_]

Default plusnet web site down

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

Due to a cock up my DD got refused this week

so I have to pay manually

but each time I try I get :

"Cannot reach this page"

I gave them some slack yesterday as it was Sunday,

but it's still down today

anyone else seeing this?

No, I can see the main website, and login to the member centre ok

Incidentally, when I got logged in it offered me a "special offer" to
renew my contract for 24 months at 1/m cheaper than I get now, when I
clicked yes, it said "Sorry, the offer you selected doesn't apply" and
wanted 8/m more than I'm currently paying!

Which site are you using? www.plus.net (general, advertising their tariffs)
or portal.plus.net (specific one which allows you to log on to your account,
for billing or to set up/change email accounts)?

Plusnet had a problem a few days ago with their portal site (I was the one
that logged a "ticket" with them) which gave a "cannot reach this page" type
of response (I forget the precise message) for some people and for some
browsers. I think it worked for http://portal.plus.net but not for
https://portal.plus.net (ie with/without the extra security of HTTPS).

I wonder if what you are seeing is a manifestation of a similar problem. Try
accessing the www site and going through to the member centre (portal), and
try from a different browser and/or a different computer.