New router question

Old April 17th 07, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default New router question

"Delta" wrote in message
I've bought a Netgear DG834GTUK router to replace the 3Com one I already
have installed on my system. You may think this is a silly questions but I
still need to confirm - should I uninstall the 3Com router before I
install
the Netgear one? Or can I leave it as is in case I want to go back to it
?
--
This above all: to thine own self be true.
And it must follow as the night the day,

Routers (as far as I know) don't need to be installed/uninstalled - you just
plug one end of an ethernet cable into the router, the other end of the
cable into your computer, set the parameters within the router and off you
go.

John.

Old April 17th 07, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

John explained :
"Delta" wrote in message
I've bought a Netgear DG834GTUK router to replace the 3Com one I already
have installed on my system. You may think this is a silly questions but I
still need to confirm - should I uninstall the 3Com router before I install
the Netgear one? Or can I leave it as is in case I want to go back to it ?
-- This above all: to thine own self be true.
And it must follow as the night the day,
thou canst not then be false to any man.
http://www.copelands.plus.com/val/

Routers (as far as I know) don't need to be installed/uninstalled - you just
plug one end of an ethernet cable into the router, the other end of the cable
into your computer, set the parameters within the router and off you go.

John.

...erm, except, the OP /WILL/ need to disconnect the old router from the
phone line.