BT contract termination penalties?

Old April 18th 07, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RichGK

Default BT contract termination penalties?

I originally signed up for BT's broadband in April 25 2006. We moved
house in July 2006 and BT said that they couldn't migrate our
broadband and phone number without creating a new account for us. So a
new account was created in July.

Can anyone tell me if this will mean that the 12 month contract will
have been renewed?

Also do BT penalise you for changing broadband supplier whilst still
within the contractual time (in the event that they argue our account
is from July 2005).

Apologies for not simply asking BT about this but I find that it pays
to be pre-informed when contacting them about anything :-)

Thanks,
Rich.

Old April 18th 07, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Helen Deborah Vecht

RichGK typed

I originally signed up for BT's broadband in April 25 2006. We moved
house in July 2006 and BT said that they couldn't migrate our
broadband and phone number without creating a new account for us. So a
new account was created in July.

Can anyone tell me if this will mean that the 12 month contract will
have been renewed?

Also do BT penalise you for changing broadband supplier whilst still
within the contractual time (in the event that they argue our account
is from July 2005).

AIUI you may be obliged to pay for the full 12 months (till July),
whenever you decide to leave.

There is also a 5 'administration fee' for leaving BT as of 1/5/07.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old April 18th 07, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RichGK

On 18 Apr, 10:42, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
RichGK typed

AIUI you may be obliged to pay for the full 12 months (till July),
whenever you decide to leave.

There is also a 5 'administration fee' for leaving BT as of 1/5/07.

Cheers for the advice, I was shocked about the charge so Googled it
and found

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bbphone...in_page_id=182

Looks like they scrapped the 5 charge after a smack on the arse from
Ofcom.

Old April 18th 07, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Helen Deborah Vecht

RichGK typed

On 18 Apr, 10:42, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
RichGK typed

AIUI you may be obliged to pay for the full 12 months (till July),
whenever you decide to leave.

There is also a 5 'administration fee' for leaving BT as of 1/5/07.

Cheers for the advice, I was shocked about the charge so Googled it
and found

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bbphone...in_page_id=182

Looks like they scrapped the 5 charge after a smack on the arse from
Ofcom.

Thanks. The higher line rental for those not paying by DD does not
flatter BT. I'm stuck with them for about another 10 months as I
upgraded my BB and have an 18 month con trick as a result.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old April 18th 07, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wray

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
RichGK typed

On 18 Apr, 10:42, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
RichGK typed

AIUI you may be obliged to pay for the full 12 months (till July),
whenever you decide to leave.

There is also a 5 'administration fee' for leaving BT as of 1/5/07.

Cheers for the advice, I was shocked about the charge so Googled it
and found

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bbphone...in_page_id=182

Looks like they scrapped the 5 charge after a smack on the arse from
Ofcom.

Thanks. The higher line rental for those not paying by DD does not
flatter BT. I'm stuck with them for about another 10 months as I
upgraded my BB and have an 18 month con trick as a result.

But if you've got BT Broadband on your phone bill you will be 1.50 per
quarter better off.

Line rental & broadband are both reduced by 1, then an additional 1.50 for
not paying by DD/MPP

Stephen

Old April 18th 07, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wray

"RichGK" wrote in message
oups.com...
I originally signed up for BT's broadband in April 25 2006. We moved
house in July 2006 and BT said that they couldn't migrate our
broadband and phone number without creating a new account for us. So a
new account was created in July.

Can anyone tell me if this will mean that the 12 month contract will
have been renewed?

Also do BT penalise you for changing broadband supplier whilst still
within the contractual time (in the event that they argue our account
is from July 2005).

Apologies for not simply asking BT about this but I find that it pays
to be pre-informed when contacting them about anything :-)

Thanks,
Rich.

You will have started a new contract in July 2006, moving house involves a
new account/connection fee

Stephen