New router question/another numpty question (was: New router question)

Old April 18th 07, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon

Default New router question/another numpty question (was: New router question)

declared for all the world to hear...
declared for all the world to hear...
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 17:38:41 +0100, Delta wrote:

I've bought a Netgear DG834GTUK router to replace the 3Com one I already
have installed on my system.

Sorry to be so ignorant but I'm concerned now as it seems I may have chosen
the wrong type of router ? This one doesn't actually say ADSL on the box
and looks to me like it needs an ADSL modem to actually connect to the
Internet ??

Does anyone here have any experience of this particular make/model of
router ? TIA

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/stor...l& tabIndex=1
haven't tried it out yet as that is this morning's job.

The spec on the page you have linked to says it's an ADSL Modem/router,
which is what you want.

And I hope you didn't just pay 90 for it (this might wrap):

http://www.dabs.com/ProductList.aspx?
SearchTerms=DG834GT&SearchMode=All&SearchKey=All&P ageMode=3
&NavigationKey=0&SearchType=1
--
Regards
Jon