Old September 4th 20, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default UK drops down broadband speed rankings

On 4 Sep 2020 at 11:14:52 BST, "Java Jive" wrote:

On 04/09/2020 08:47, Jeff Gaines wrote:

On 04/09/2020 in message Chris wrote:

Not really a surprise...

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...pe-study-finds

As a side note why is downloading a "movie" the media proxy for speed?
Who
downloads films other than pirates? All legal access to films is via
streaming, which means that you can watch a film without depending on raw
d/load speeds.

Nonsense, all the mainstream UK broadcasters seem to allow saving a file
on your PC if the bandwidth is too low to support streaming, though I'm
not sure about Channel 5.

I stand corrected. I must be so ingrained in streaming media that I've
disregarded the download options. Apologies.

I use Sky's on demand service which seems to download films although I
don't time them.

Quite.