Increase Volume On A Linksys SPA-3102

Old April 20th 07, 01:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

Default Increase Volume On A Linksys SPA-3102

During a call the person at the other end says my voice is very quiet and I
have to speak quite loudly for them to be able to hear me clearly. Their
voice is perfect at my end.

I am using a Linksys SPA 3102 - what do I need to tweak please? This is for
calls going out through to VOIP gateway via VoipDiscount.

Thanx

Old April 20th 07, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
During a call the person at the other end says my voice is very quiet
and I have to speak quite loudly for them to be able to hear me
clearly. Their voice is perfect at my end.

I am using a Linksys SPA 3102 - what do I need to tweak please? This
is for calls going out through to VOIP gateway via VoipDiscount.

Thanx

What codec are you using, I find that a couple of the higher compressed
codecs end up with lower audio, as bandwidth hasn't been a problem for
me, I have my ATA set to only use G711a only.

The ATA in the regional setting has an FXS Port Input Gain setting and
an FXS Port Output Gain setting, probably set to 0, you could try
setting the right one to 1 or 2.

I use a PAP2, the settings should be similar on your device.

Win Amazon Vouchers:
http://www.wabbadabba.com/join.aspx?friend=4I9Q6C6X3477

Old April 20th 07, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Port Admiral Haynes

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
During a call the person at the other end says my voice is very quiet
and I have to speak quite loudly for them to be able to hear me
clearly. Their voice is perfect at my end.

I am using a Linksys SPA 3102 - what do I need to tweak please? This
is for calls going out through to VOIP gateway via VoipDiscount.

Thanx

What codec are you using, I find that a couple of the higher compressed
codecs end up with lower audio, as bandwidth hasn't been a problem for me,
I have my ATA set to only use G711a only.

The ATA in the regional setting has an FXS Port Input Gain setting and an
FXS Port Output Gain setting, probably set to 0, you could try setting the
right one to 1 or 2.

I use a PAP2, the settings should be similar on your device.

Win Amazon Vouchers:
http://www.wabbadabba.com/join.aspx?friend=4I9Q6C6X3477

The preferred codec is set to G711u

The FXS Port Output Gain is set to 0 - I will try an increase to 2

Many thanx

Old April 20th 07, 03:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Peter Watson wrote:
You haven't said how the call is routed that has the volume problem. If
the call was originated by you and is via your voip provider then you
need to adjust the FXS input gain (not output, that affects the volume
of the caller to you)

It is also important to check that the impedance values are set correctly.

Tim