CallerID fails on calls received on PSTN

Old April 20th 07, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JoeH

Default CallerID fails on calls received on PSTN

Hi

We have a number of devices in the field (Speedtouch 780, Camrivox,
Zoom ATA, Sipura ATA, FritzBox). We have the occasional issue with
CallerID, where it isn't passed through to the connected phone when
calls come in on the PSTN port.

The same device and phone may work on another telephone line, but on
certain lines it doesnt work. Bypassing the intermediary device fixes
it. We're stumped as to what it could be! The most common culprit
happen to be BT Phones, but as I mentioned, they work elsewhere..

Every customer has ADSL - is it feasible that the Router coupled with
the filter corrupts the CLI? Or could it be, ADSL customers are wired
through the DSLAM and that (coupled with the router) corrupts it ?

All regional settings are as per UK/BT.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers

Joe

Old April 20th 07, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
LVMarc

JoeH wrote:
[...]

Caller ID passing is tricky. The timing is the issue. BT caller ID is
unique in the telcom world, they use there own timing. Contact me
directly for more details

Marc
Old April 21st 07, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
LVMarc writes:
Caller ID passing is tricky. The timing is the issue. BT caller ID is
unique in the telcom world, they use there own timing. Contact me
directly for more details

I have a number of SPA-3000's, and BT callerid works fine with them.
I have one in France, and that takes France Telecom's callerid and
converts it to BT callerid for the phone (which although bought in
France, supports BT callerid but not French callerid). It even gets
the off-hook callerid with call waiting right on this French setup
(although I think that only works if the waiting call came over VoIP).

Some UK callerid devices have been slightly polarity sensitive. It
was a well known problem with the first CD50's and the early Hayes
modems which supported BT callerid. It might be worth checking that
the polarity is the right way round at the phone, just in case
you've got a phone which cares about it.

--
Andrew Gabriel