Dynamode router v Motorola B5100i modem

Old April 20th 07, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Parker

Default Dynamode router v Motorola B5100i modem

I have tried to go wireless at a friends house, but having no luck. They
are using Virgin broadband on a Motorola SB5100i modem with no problems.
They purchased a Dynamode router BR-6004 W-G1 from Virgins' web-site and
tried to go wireless with it.

You can connect to the router and login using 'guest' and guest' and
run the set-up with no problems. The problem starts when you connect
the modem to the router, there is no connection at all. I have tried
everything I can think of, any suggestions?

--
Rob Parker
Old April 20th 07, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyer

"Rob Parker" wrote in message

I have tried to go wireless at a friends house, but having no luck. They
are using Virgin broadband on a Motorola SB5100i modem with no problems.
They purchased a Dynamode router BR-6004 W-G1 from Virgins' web-site and
tried to go wireless with it.

You can connect to the router and login using 'guest' and guest' and
run the set-up with no problems. The problem starts when you connect
the modem to the router, there is no connection at all. I have tried
everything I can think of, any suggestions?

turn both devices off, ie disconnect from mains supply. Wait a minute or
two, re-connect modem and power up. Leave for approx two mins, reconnect &
power up router, sprinkle lightly with icing sugar and devour quickly ;-)

P.

Old April 21st 07, 12:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Rob Parker wrote:

I have tried to go wireless at a friends house, but having no luck. They
are using Virgin broadband on a Motorola SB5100i modem with no problems.
They purchased a Dynamode router BR-6004 W-G1 from Virgins' web-site and
tried to go wireless with it.

You can connect to the router and login using 'guest' and guest' and
run the set-up with no problems. The problem starts when you connect
the modem to the router, there is no connection at all. I have tried
everything I can think of, any suggestions?

Perhaps a list of what you have tried so far will assist those trying to
assist you. You might want to see if you can get the Dynamode to clone the
MAC address of the PC that was plugged into the Motorola. Not sure if
that's 100% necessary nowadays. Also, you'll need to get the Dynamode to
get it's WAN address by DHCP. I imagine NAT will be on by default on the
Dynamode, so you should be sorted.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
12:40:28 up 7 days, 16:59, 2 users, load average: 0.47, 0.69, 0.51