Moving from one broadband ISP to another.

Old April 21st 07, 04:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ALi

Default Moving from one broadband ISP to another.

mac code i think

"noman" wrote in message
What do I need to ask the ISP I am leaving for?

Old April 21st 07, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 02:04:22 UTC, "ALi"
wrote:

mac code i think

A MAC. Please don't say 'MAC code'....!

(for the OP, it's a Migration Authorisation Code. Give that to the new
ISP and the changeover *should* be almost seamless.)

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old April 21st 07, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Charlie Mitchell

wrote:

mac code i think

A MAC. Please don't say 'MAC code'....!

(for the OP, it's a Migration Authorisation Code. Give that to the new
ISP and the changeover *should* be almost seamless.)

I hope you're written to all the banks to advise them about
their mistakes with "pin codes" and "pin numbers"
Old April 21st 07, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

wrote:

mac code i think

A MAC. Please don't say 'MAC code'....!

(for the OP, it's a Migration Authorisation Code. Give that to the new
ISP and the changeover *should* be almost seamless.)

I hope you're written to all the banks to advise them about
their mistakes with "pin codes" and "pin numbers"

Banks don't use the terms "PIN number" or "PIN code", they say "PIN",
otherwise they would be collectively guilty of PNS syndrome.

--
Address munged but valid - remove mungbeans.
Old April 21st 07, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

wrote:

mac code i think

A MAC. Please don't say 'MAC code'....!

(for the OP, it's a Migration Authorisation Code. Give that to the new
ISP and the changeover *should* be almost seamless.)

I hope you're written to all the banks to advise them about
their mistakes with "pin codes" and "pin numbers"

Nothing really wrong with "PIN code" (it's an acronym, so capitalised).
As for "PIN number", my bank happens to get it right, as I noted only
the other day. I just wish their automated phone banking wouldn't say
"Feb-yoo-erry"..!
euthanasia recommended. ]
Old April 22nd 07, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

wrote:

mac code i think

A MAC. Please don't say 'MAC code'....!

(for the OP, it's a Migration Authorisation Code. Give that to the new
ISP and the changeover *should* be almost seamless.)

I hope you're written to all the banks to advise them about
their mistakes with "pin codes" and "pin numbers"

THIS THREAD HAS NOW BEEN HIJACKED BY Sillyali.

(by Charlie....he snipped the part where I gave useful information, not
that defining 'MAC' isn't useful!)
euthanasia recommended. ]