Sky Broadband (Sky/Netgear Router & Win98SE)???

Old April 21st 07, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Default Sky Broadband (Sky/Netgear Router & Win98SE)???

G a z . wrote:
Does the supplied Sky (Netgear) Router work with Win98SE?

If you are connecting to the router via ethernet, it doesn't care what
operating system you are using as long as your operating system can talk
TCP/IP at it.

Having said that, I wouldn't recommend sticking with Microsoft Windows
98 - it is not supported by Microsoft anymore as far as I'm aware.
Old April 22nd 07, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
devs

In message , G a z.
writes
I am aware of that Paul :-) , but thanks all the same. Mind you it is worth
noting that the only reason MS extended the life of Win98 last time, was
because of many large companies that use still used it, I would think many
still do, as like it or not, Win98SE if kept in shape is still quite
stable.

There are still loads of Win98 PCs out there. I support quite a lot in
businesses. Most are stable but slow and do occasionally have a barf
with their network drivers. A couple have been put on to modern
equipment due to program compatibility problems and really fly.
Although they are not supported by MS anymore they are probably leaving
the target list of the malware writers as they are a small minority now!
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"