Sky Broadband (Sky/Netgear Router & Win98SE)???

Old April 21st 07, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default Sky Broadband (Sky/Netgear Router & Win98SE)???

"G a z ." wrote in message
m...
Yet again another Sky Broadband question?

We have got a nice old computer running Win98SE (fully patched) connect
via
ethernet to a Router.

I am pretty sure that Sky Broadband (MAX) will work on our trusty old
computer, as I will not be using any of the supplied Sky software.

So I would be interested in knowing if any of the group regs have had any
experience of Sky Broadband using Win98SE?

Does the supplied Sky (Netgear) Router work with Win98SE?

If so were there any problems?

Many Thanks in advance & Best Wishes to one & all!

Yes I had an old 98se PC used for testing purposes. It connects fine no
problem at all. In fact you do not need to do anything except plug it in.

Old April 22nd 07, 02:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Luff

Beck wrote:

"G a z ." wrote in message
m...
Yet again another Sky Broadband question?

We have got a nice old computer running Win98SE (fully patched)
connect via
ethernet to a Router.

I am pretty sure that Sky Broadband (MAX) will work on our trusty old
computer, as I will not be using any of the supplied Sky software.

So I would be interested in knowing if any of the group regs have had any
experience of Sky Broadband using Win98SE?

Does the supplied Sky (Netgear) Router work with Win98SE?

If so were there any problems?

Many Thanks in advance & Best Wishes to one & all!

Yes I had an old 98se PC used for testing purposes. It connects fine no
problem at all. In fact you do not need to do anything except plug it in.

And enter your encryption key... because you *are* using encryption
aren't you.

--
regards, James Luff Gamertag: Lufferov
remove 'nospam' to e-mail
Old April 22nd 07, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 14:04:57 +0100, James Luff
mused:

Beck wrote:

"G a z ." wrote in message
m...
Yet again another Sky Broadband question?

We have got a nice old computer running Win98SE (fully patched)
connect via
ethernet to a Router.

I am pretty sure that Sky Broadband (MAX) will work on our trusty old
computer, as I will not be using any of the supplied Sky software.

So I would be interested in knowing if any of the group regs have had any
experience of Sky Broadband using Win98SE?

Does the supplied Sky (Netgear) Router work with Win98SE?

If so were there any problems?

Many Thanks in advance & Best Wishes to one & all!

Yes I had an old 98se PC used for testing purposes. It connects fine no
problem at all. In fact you do not need to do anything except plug it in.

And enter your encryption key... because you *are* using encryption
aren't you.

Eh? Private joke?
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Old April 22nd 07, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"James Luff" wrote in message
Beck wrote:

"G a z ." wrote in message
[...]

Encryption for wired connection?

Old April 22nd 07, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon

declared for all the world to hear...
And enter your encryption key... because you *are* using encryption
aren't you.

On a wired network?
--
Regards