Sky Broadband (Sky/Netgear Router & Win98SE)???

Old April 22nd 07, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default Sky Broadband (Sky/Netgear Router & Win98SE)???

"G a z ." wrote in message
m...

Which is exactly as I though, although the lady at Sky told me "that Sky
Broadband needs Win XP or above". She even put me on hold and supposedly
asked the tech support, who confirmed that, although when I explained that
if it is connected via ethernet, there is not even any need to install any
of the Sky software, she checked again and came back with "they said it
sounds as though you have enough experience, but we cannot guarantee that
it will work!".

This is Sky tech supports way of sayng "we want you to install our bundled
software but it doesn't work on anything less than XP".
Ignore them :-)