Linksys wrt300n config and bt homehub settings

Old April 22nd 07, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mani

Default Linksys wrt300n config and bt homehub settings

Hi,

I am trying to configure the linksys wrt300n router.

I use BT homehub and am not sure if BT uses a static IP or dynamic Ip
addressing.

I found my IP but i do not know how to find out the subnet mask and
the allocated DNS addresses.

Any help or advise in finding the saem would be much helpful.

Cheers,
Mani

Old April 22nd 07, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

"Mani" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am trying to configure the linksys wrt300n router.

I use BT homehub and am not sure if BT uses a static IP or dynamic Ip
addressing.

I found my IP but i do not know how to find out the subnet mask and
the allocated DNS addresses.

Any help or advise in finding the saem would be much helpful.

I think you will find that BT Total Broadband is dynamic IP addresses and
the Business package uses static. If you ask on the newsgroup
bt.broadband.support which is only available to BT customers you will get
all the information you need.
--
Keith Willcocks