Sky Broadband and Telephone calls

Old April 22nd 07, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lynn Williamson

Default Sky Broadband and Telephone calls

A friend has told me that someone they know swapped to Sky Broadband and
without being asked some of their telephone calls were routed through Sky as
well. I am thinking of switching to Sky Broadband but want my phone calls
to stay as they are with BT. Is this something I have to make a point of
saying about when I ring them?
Lynn

Old April 22nd 07, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Lynn Williamson wrote:
A friend has told me that someone they know swapped to Sky Broadband and
without being asked some of their telephone calls were routed through Sky
as
well. I am thinking of switching to Sky Broadband but want my phone calls
to stay as they are with BT. Is this something I have to make a point of
saying about when I ring them?
Lynn

Yes. Dont ask for it see-speak-surf 26 a month package.

Gaz

Old April 22nd 07, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Lynn Williamson wrote:
A friend has told me that someone they know swapped to Sky Broadband
and without being asked some of their telephone calls were routed
through Sky as well. I am thinking of switching to Sky Broadband but
want my phone calls to stay as they are with BT. Is this something I
have to make a point of saying about when I ring them?
Lynn

Normally you have to state you also want Sky Talk.

Sky Talk is available on a free service, which gives you evening and
weekend calls free (up to 60 mins, per min afterwards), so would be
crazy not to have that or Primus.

Line rental stays with BT, so any calls you want to go back via BT you
simply dial 1280 infront of, handy if you have the free BT caller
display where 2 calls per month over BT are required. Also you can
still use 18185 for the cheap calls to mobiles and abroad, and also use
for daytime calls to UK landlines - 5p per call.

Primus Saver 2 again works like the Sky Talk service and also for no
monthly fee gives you free evening and weekend calls, this time 90 mins
per call, then per min charge afterwards.

Again you don't have to have the service, but it would save you money if
you did.

Win Amazon Vouchers:
http://www.wabbadabba.com/join.aspx?friend=4I9Q6C6X3477