Sky Netgear Router and macBook

Old April 22nd 07, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lynn Williamson

Default Sky Netgear Router and macBook

Being as I had to upgrade my Netgear DG834G to get it to work with my
macBook I was wondering if I was going to have the same problem with the Sky
router and I believe I wouldn't be able to upgrade that.
Lynn

Old April 22nd 07, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Lynn Williamson laid this down on his screen :
Being as I had to upgrade my Netgear DG834G to get it to work with my
macBook I was wondering if I was going to have the same problem with the Sky
router and I believe I wouldn't be able to upgrade that.

The router is supplied pre-configured with 4 ethernet ports (& security
enabled wireless). No upgrading is necessary.

Old April 22nd 07, 11:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Yes, my problem is that the Router I have at the moment is virtually the
same as the one they supply and as I said that wouldn't connect when using
my new macBook. It had always worked with my Toshiba laptop which is an
older machine.

For a question about compatibility with specific hardware it might be
worth asking over at http://www.skyuser.co.uk - someone there will
almost certainly have come across the problem, if there's one to be
had.
Old April 23rd 07, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gary

Lynn Williamson wrote:

Yes, my problem is that the Router I have at the moment is virtually the
same as the one they supply and as I said that wouldn't connect when using
my new macBook. It had always worked with my Toshiba laptop which is an
older machine.
Lynn

I've had no trouble with the web interface administration on the Sky
Netgear DG834GT when using an iMac. I don't see why a MacBook should be
any different in that regard. I've tried it using Safari (not so good)
and Firefox (which works). My advice, use Firefox.