Orange Unlimited. Anyone using it?

Old April 25th 07, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Default Orange Unlimited. Anyone using it?

In message
at 22:45:40 on Sun, 22 Apr 2007, Donald wrote
How reliable is it?

I won a year's subscription to this service, although they refused point
blank to upgrade us to the best speed available because, at the time,
they only worked from the BT speed checker. So I went from 2MB speeds
to 1MB

My year is nearly up, so I asked them to do a line test and find out
what they could offer me. They said I could have speeds of about 6.5
MB. I told them I won another year's subscription, but they can't
handle another activation code to extend the subscription. "Leave it
with me" they said, I will email my team leader who will get back to you
within 5 days

6 working days later, I called them and spent a very frustrating hour on
the phone to the Indian call centre, but she just didn't understand what
I wanted to do. I asked for MAC code, at which point I was transferred
to someone in the UK. He wasn't much more helpful, but told me to send
the code to Head Office, so I didn't get my MAC code in the end as I
said I would think about it

However in all the time of me being on Wanadoo / Orange I've never had a
problem, and now 2 days later after that phone call my ADSL line has
dropped (I am writing this from dialup), I have read of similar
experiences on orangeproblems.co.uk of people losing service shortly
after requesting a MAC, but this is probably just coincidental
--
Mike News
Old April 25th 07, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

In message
at 17:49:57 on Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Mike
S wrote
However in all the time of me being on Wanadoo / Orange I've never had
a problem, and now 2 days later after that phone call my ADSL line has
dropped (I am writing this from dialup), I have read of similar
experiences on orangeproblems.co.uk of people losing service shortly
after requesting a MAC, but this is probably just coincidental

It's back now! Been down for about 3 hours, which in the grand scheme
of things is acceptable
--
Mike News
Old May 1st 07, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ubuntuguy

i line has been down since saturday and i have no idea why. looks
like thousands of subscribers are currently affected:

from http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk

"She informed me that the error status that my line is in (DSM error)
is a massive problem nationwide. Approximately 3500 lines in the
process of LLU migration are currently in this state. Around 20 or so
steps/tests in migrating the line are undertaken by the engineer but
one of the latter ones fail, bringing about this 'DSM' error. The
engineer then has to repeat these checks (I don't know what they
actually do) from start to finish which can take 2-3 days - hence why
we may get told to ring back a couple of days later. The sheer volume
of DSM errors and the incapability of the SPT to deal with such a
large quantity of problems is apparently why thousands of us may be
experiencing prolonged downtime. "

On Apr 25, 6:09 pm, Mike
S wrote:
In message
at 17:49:57 on Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Mike
S wroteHowever in all the time of me being on Wanadoo /OrangeI've never had