BT Total Broadband question

Old April 26th 07, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

Default BT Total Broadband question

"Frogman" wrote in message
I have several domain names which I regularly send mail from obviously by
changing the SMTP server to my Isp's one, however I am thinking of changing
to BT Total broadband and have heard they don't have a SMTP server is this
correct or does the SMTP mail server mail.btinternet.com work with BT total
broadband?.

--
Regards,
Frogman, http://www.frogman.org.uk for free downloads and more...

The sooner you fall behind the more time you'll have to catch up.

There have been no changes to BTs SMTP server, I still use
mail.btinternet.com and there are a number of other names that appear to go
to the same server, although it may be that the actual server is operated by
Yahoo who are partnered with BT. The only thing to be aware of is that the
server requires authentication (the authentication is the same as for the
POP3 server).
--
Keith Willcocks

Old April 26th 07, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

"Frogman" wrote in message
Keith Willcocks formulated the question :
There have been no changes to BTs SMTP server, I still use
mail.btinternet.com and there are a number of other names that appear to
go to the same server, although it may be that the actual server is
operated by Yahoo who are partnered with BT. The only thing to be aware
of is that the server requires authentication (the authentication is the
same as for the POP3 server).

Thanks Keith, so presumably that would be your BT username and password?

Correct.
--
Keith Willcocks

Old April 26th 07, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ian

On Thursday 26 April 2007 11:31 am, in MID
, Keith Willcocks
) wrote:
"Frogman" wrote in message
Keith Willcocks formulated the question :

[actually, I think he answered one !]

There have been no changes to BTs SMTP server, I still use
mail.btinternet.com and there are a number of other names that appear to
go to the same server, although it may be that the actual server is
operated by Yahoo who are partnered with BT. The only thing to be
aware of is that the server requires authentication (the authentication
is the same as for the POP3 server).

Thanks Keith, so presumably that would be your BT username and password?

Correct.

Further to this, the authentication details can be whatever you set up as a
primary/secondary user/password combination.

regards,
--
Ian...