Orange Broadband w/Voip

Old April 28th 07, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mr deo

Default Orange Broadband w/Voip

I have got this new leaflet through about orange broadband... 8 meg for 20
quid a month.. it goes on to talk about the call features and it's basically
free calls to over 100 countrys, and free UK calls....

My first thought is "wow".... my 2nt thought was "they must be doing this as
a VoIP service..

I did dig around on their site and tho they dont mention it's VoIP they do
say that the phone must be plugg'd into their broadband access point. They
dont go on to say what the "livebox" is other than call it a "Livebox" but I
was curious if anyone has tried or seen this service working and what they
think of it.

I would like comments on the broadband as well as I want a reliable net
connection 24-7..

thx

Old April 28th 07, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking mr deo wrote :
I want a reliable net
connection 24-7..

Rather rules out Orange Broadband

Old April 29th 07, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lurch

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:11:11 +0100, Jon
mused:

It is VoIP. You get an 0845 number for incoming and calls to landlines
and Orange mobiles are free. Other calls are about 50% of BTs rates.

You can change the number to a geograpgic number FOC for the first
five or so times, but only certain STD's are available.

I've not had a problem with Orange, especially considering it's free.
I wouldn't pay for it though, there are better providers out there.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Old April 29th 07, 01:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mr deo

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:11:11 +0100, Jon
mused:

It is VoIP. You get an 0845 number for incoming and calls to landlines
and Orange mobiles are free. Other calls are about 50% of BTs rates.

You can change the number to a geograpgic number FOC for the first
five or so times, but only certain STD's are available.

I've not had a problem with Orange, especially considering it's free.
I wouldn't pay for it though, there are better providers out there.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

How do you rate the broadband part of the service?

Old April 29th 07, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lurch

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 23:28:07 GMT, "mr deo"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:11:11 +0100, Jon
mused:

It is VoIP. You get an 0845 number for incoming and calls to landlines
and Orange mobiles are free. Other calls are about 50% of BTs rates.

You can change the number to a geograpgic number FOC for the first
five or so times, but only certain STD's are available.

I've not had a problem with Orange, especially considering it's free.
I wouldn't pay for it though, there are better providers out there.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

How do you rate the broadband part of the service?

I've had it for about 3 Months. Couple of dropouts for a few minutes
during the night but not sure if that's Orange or BT, our line is
quite noisy and not particularly great.

Speeds have always been pretty good, can't fault them atm really. As I
say though, if I had to pay for ADSL then I'd probably go with someone
else, if I set anyone else up on ADSL I usually use NDO\Namesco.
--
Regards,
Stuart.