bt-compatible / cordless/ skype phones

Old April 29th 07, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jeremy

Default bt-compatible / cordless/ skype phones

Any recommendations? Have a single BT line here and would like to have
a pair of cordless handsets able to be used either as Skype or regular
phones.

And while I'm at it, any recommendation for a pair of webcams - only
needed for video conferencing over skype etc. ?

--
jeremy
Old May 1st 07, 01:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Man

Jeremy wrote:
Any recommendations? Have a single BT line here and would like to have
a pair of cordless handsets able to be used either as Skype or regular
phones.

And while I'm at it, any recommendation for a pair of webcams - only
needed for video conferencing over skype etc. ?

Skype? What's that? ... This is a VoIP newsgroup
Old May 1st 07, 07:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Mr Man" wrote in message
Jeremy wrote:
Any recommendations? Have a single BT line here and would like to have
a pair of cordless handsets able to be used either as Skype or regular
phones.

And while I'm at it, any recommendation for a pair of webcams - only
needed for video conferencing over skype etc. ?

Skype? What's that? ... This is a VoIP newsgroup

You'll regret posting that. I did something similar the other day
and got flamed.

Old May 1st 07, 09:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Mr Man wrote:
Skype? What's that? ... This is a VoIP newsgroup

What's Skype if it isn't Voice over IP?
Chris
Old May 2nd 07, 09:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Jon wrote:
Skype is to VoIP what AOL is to Internet Service Provision.

Actually these days AOL seems to be a pretty good ISP. It was one of
the last to stop offering true unlimited broadband, for example.

Chris
Old May 2nd 07, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JW

Jeremy wrote:
Any recommendations? Have a single BT line here and would like to have
a pair of cordless handsets able to be used either as Skype or regular
phones.

And while I'm at it, any recommendation for a pair of webcams - only
needed for video conferencing over skype etc. ?

Some of the new dual-purpose phones can be used for Skype
without a PC connection. The Dualphone 3088 is one.

Others needs a USB connection for the Skype calls. These
should be a bit cheaper.

If you go here and select the option for Phones, you'll see
what's available for Skype (other suppliers will have them
too.)
http://accessories.skype.com/

I note there's one with a free webcam!
Old May 3rd 07, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On Wed, 2 May 2007 09:02:21 +0100, Chris Davies wrote:
Jon wrote:
Skype is to VoIP what AOL is to Internet Service Provision.

Actually these days AOL seems to be a pretty good ISP. It was one of
the last to stop offering true unlimited broadband, for example.

AOL UK is now part of Carphone Warehouse. I don't see it remaining a
pretty good ISP for much longer.

Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email