Vodafone internet

Old April 29th 07, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netty

Default Vodafone internet

Has anyone yet switched to Vodafone on their new Vodafone at Home package or
thinking of switching?

If anyone hasn't heard of it, they're offering up to 8meg broadband and
phone package for £25 p/m. You can also get free phone calls of up to an
hour on all local/national calls 24/7 from what I have read on their
website.

What do people think? Is it as really as good as it sounds?

It almost sounds too good to be true. I'm already paying £25 p/m to Orange
for my crappy 1mb broadband which hasn't been 1mb for quite a few weeks.
It's getting almost as bad as snail mail! It's currently a toss-up between
switching to either Vodafone or Sky and at the mo, Vodafone is winning.

Netty

Old April 29th 07, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Netty wrote:

Has anyone yet switched to Vodafone on their new Vodafone at Home package or
thinking of switching?

If anyone hasn't heard of it, they're offering up to 8meg broadband and
phone package for £25 p/m. You can also get free phone calls of up to an
hour on all local/national calls 24/7 from what I have read on their
website.

What do people think? Is it as really as good as it sounds?

It almost sounds too good to be true.

Do you really want an abuse report sent ?

Get out of here with your stupid spamming.

Graham

Old April 29th 07, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netty

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Netty wrote:

Has anyone yet switched to Vodafone on their new Vodafone at Home package
or
thinking of switching?

If anyone hasn't heard of it, they're offering up to 8meg broadband and
phone package for £25 p/m. You can also get free phone calls of up to an
hour on all local/national calls 24/7 from what I have read on their
website.

What do people think? Is it as really as good as it sounds?

It almost sounds too good to be true.

Do you really want an abuse report sent ?

Get out of here with your stupid spamming.

Graham

Err, excuse me?!?!?!

I asked a simple question and I get a reaction like that?!?! Pah you're not
even worth it!

Old April 29th 07, 10:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netty

"Jon" wrote in message
et...
declared for all the world to hear...
Has anyone yet switched to Vodafone on their new Vodafone at Home package
or
thinking of switching?

If anyone hasn't heard of it, they're offering up to 8meg broadband and
phone package for £25 p/m. You can also get free phone calls of up to an
hour on all local/national calls 24/7 from what I have read on their
website.

What do people think? Is it as really as good as it sounds?

It almost sounds too good to be true. I'm already paying £25 p/m to
Orange
for my crappy 1mb broadband which hasn't been 1mb for quite a few weeks.
It's getting almost as bad as snail mail! It's currently a toss-up
between
switching to either Vodafone or Sky and at the mo, Vodafone is winning.

Orange's price is £19.99 per month. I would ask for a regrade.
--
Regards
Jon

I've just actually rang Orange to request my MAC and they've offered me up
to 8meg speed (my line will only cope with 6), free livebox and free evening
& weekend calls via the livebox for £12.99 p/m. Only snag is, I have to sign
up to another 12 months contract with them. Considering I've been with
Freeserve/Wannadoo/Orange for way over 7 years now, I don't think another
years will do any harm, especially as I can halve my BB costs AND hopefully
up my speed. I have been advised to wait until I get my livebox, if my speed
hasn't picked up by then, to ring tech support and they'll see what is
wrong. If they can't fix it, I can send the box back and request my MAC with
no other charges.
Can't quibble with that.

Old April 29th 07, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

In message
at 22:08:11 on Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Netty wrote
I've just actually rang Orange to request my MAC and they've offered me up
to 8meg speed (my line will only cope with 6)

Did they say how long it will take to arrive, or did they give it you
there and then. I am thinking of doing the same.
--
Mike News
Old April 29th 07, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netty

"Mike" S wrote in message
In message
at 22:08:11 on Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Netty wrote
I've just actually rang Orange to request my MAC and they've offered me up
to 8meg speed (my line will only cope with 6)

Did they say how long it will take to arrive, or did they give it you
there and then. I am thinking of doing the same.
--
Mike News

I decided not to go to Vodafone so didn't bother with my MAC code in the
end. But I was told they could email the MAC to me and send it in the post
to confirm.

I've decided to go with the offer they gave (I'm a sucker for a bargain!)
and I received an email within about 20 minutes of the phone conversation
with Orange which says:
*************
Hello
Thanks for asking us to change your BB 1Mb - Option 2 broadband service to
the RETENTION BB Plus - £12.99 package.
We're on the case and, all going well, we should have everything complete in
less than 10 working days time.
If you've requested a Livebox, it'll be with you in 5 working days.
Don't worry, as soon as it's done we'll send you an email to let you know.
Once all the changes are complete, any agreed fees will be added to your
broadband account automatically and your contract will be renewed for 12
months.
*************

The lass on the phone said my speed should gradually increase over the next
few days and should be up to full speed within 10 days. If not, my line may
need tweaking but that can be done once I've got my livebox up and running.

Old April 30th 07, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric

"Netty" wrote in message ...

Err, excuse me?!?!?!

I asked a simple question and I get a reaction like that?!?! Pah you're

not
even worth it!

He is a regular in here, spouting rubbish replies almost daily.

Old April 30th 07, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

In message
at 23:41:54 on Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Netty wrote
I've decided to go with the offer they gave (I'm a sucker for a bargain!)
and I received an email within about 20 minutes of the phone conversation
with Orange which says:

Nice one - thanks
--
Mike News
Old April 30th 07, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Netty wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote in message

Netty wrote:

Has anyone yet switched to Vodafone on their new Vodafone at Home
package or
thinking of switching?

If anyone hasn't heard of it, they're offering up to 8meg
broadband and phone package for £25 p/m. You can also get free
phone calls of up to an hour on all local/national calls 24/7
from what I have read on their website.

What do people think? Is it as really as good as it sounds?

It almost sounds too good to be true.

Do you really want an abuse report sent ?

Get out of here with your stupid spamming.

Graham

Err, excuse me?!?!?!

I asked a simple question and I get a reaction like that?!?! Pah
you're not even worth it!

Ignore him, he's just some of the background noise on the group which
we get from time to time