TalkTalk Broadband

Old April 30th 07, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bassbag

Default TalkTalk Broadband

A colleauge at work informed me that his wife had signed up with
talktalks phone/broadband package,which also included line rental going
to talktalk.Id put an ICUK pay as you go dial up connection on thier
computer a few months ago(when they were still with BT),for them to
"taste" the internet and then decide whther they wanted broadband.Anyway
since thyeve signed to talktalk that dial up connection no longer
works.Is this because talktalk now has control of the line rental? or
just coincidence?.If thats the case how do you make a dial up connection
those sort of situations?.They are still in the cooling off period ,and
ive made my views plain that i would not stay with talktalk and exit the
contract while they still have time,however its thier choice.
me
Old April 30th 07, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 30-Apr-2007, bassbag wrote:

If thats the case how do you make a dial up connection
those sort of situations?.

TT may have put "carrier preselect" on the line thereby
routing ALL calls through the TT network, which TT have set
up to block dialup number codes.
If this is the case there is commonly a dial prefix code
to route your calls over BT, but with TT's reputation I
wouldn't bank on it, or an easy painless escape from
TT's clutches if they decide TT is not their cup of tea.

A lot depends on what they signed.
Remember
Small print means big risk.
Bet they are on Direct Debit as well.

Of course, without dialup, when their TT
connection goes pear
shaped they are dead in the water
until it's sorted (which can take a while).
Old May 1st 07, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Jon wrote:
s declared for all the world to hear...
A colleauge at work informed me that his wife had signed up with
talktalks phone/broadband package,which also included line rental going
to talktalk.Id put an ICUK pay as you go dial up connection on thier
computer a few months ago(when they were still with BT),for them to
"taste" the internet and then decide whther they wanted broadband.Anyway
since thyeve signed to talktalk that dial up connection no longer
works.Is this because talktalk now has control of the line rental? or
just coincidence?.If thats the case how do you make a dial up connection
those sort of situations?.They are still in the cooling off period ,and
ive made my views plain that i would not stay with talktalk and exit the
contract while they still have time,however its thier choice.
me

Putting ADSL on a phone line has an impact on dial-up connections, the
quality is reduced. Maybe your friends has been reduced to the point
where it no longer works.

Should be OK if it's filtered correctly I'd have thought.

I think the dialling prefix to route back through BT is 1280. It might
be worth bearing in made that 'FRIACO' 0808 numbers will only work on
BT's network IIRC.

Kind Rgds,

--
www.plus.net