Tiscali to SkyBB *update*

Old May 1st 07, 12:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Default Tiscali to SkyBB *update*

G a z . wrote:

: Today (Monday 30/04) I received the letter with my username/email and
: password.

: So should I be concerned that I have not yet received my Sky (Netgear)
: Wireless Router?

No - as Sky's Policy (I was told on the phone by a CS rep) is that their
router will not arrive before the migration date. Why this rule is there I
did not ask....but it causes MANY complaints on the skyuser.co.uk forums
when it is late!

When I migrated from Orange BB the Sky router arrived a day late but (as I
was on the BT ADSL based "Connect" product) the Orange BB kept working
over the overlap anyway.
Old May 1st 07, 09:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

: So should I be concerned that I have not yet received my Sky (Netgear)
: Wireless Router?
No - as Sky's Policy (I was told on the phone by a CS rep) is that their
router will not arrive before the migration date. Why this rule is there I
did not ask....but it causes MANY complaints on the skyuser.co.uk forums
when it is late!

Mine arrived several days early.
Old May 1st 07, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grumps

"Colin Wilson" o.uk wrote
in message t...
: So should I be concerned that I have not yet received my Sky (Netgear)
: Wireless Router?
No - as Sky's Policy (I was told on the phone by a CS rep) is that their
router will not arrive before the migration date. Why this rule is there
did not ask....but it causes MANY complaints on the skyuser.co.uk forums
when it is late!

Mine arrived several days early.

My MIL's 1st one arrived early (although it wasn't a migration). The 2nd one
arrived 3 months later. Both routers are ok, but the service still does not
work. Sky are incapable of providing this service to her, and their CS bods
cannot help (even when not reading from the Indian/Malaysian script).
Fortunately, she doesn't really care and continues to use dial-up. I wonder
how many routers they'll eventually send before they admit defeat.

Old May 1st 07, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Brian McIlwrath wrote:
G a z . wrote:

Today (Monday 30/04) I received the letter with my username/email
and password.

So should I be concerned that I have not yet received my Sky
(Netgear) Wireless Router?

No - as Sky's Policy (I was told on the phone by a CS rep) is that
their router will not arrive before the migration date. Why this
rule is there I did not ask....but it causes MANY complaints on the
skyuser.co.uk forums when it is late!

Not quite true I got mine 7 days before the proposed migration date...

Think you'll find SKYNET droids are as good as any others in bending
the truth to sooth their troubled users

Old May 1st 07, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Grumps wrote:
"Colin Wilson"
o.uk wrote in
message t...
So should I be concerned that I have not yet received my Sky
(Netgear) Wireless Router?
No - as Sky's Policy (I was told on the phone by a CS rep) is
that their router will not arrive before the migration date. Why
this rule is there I
did not ask....but it causes MANY complaints on the skyuser.co.uk
forums when it is late!

Mine arrived several days early.

My MIL's 1st one arrived early (although it wasn't a migration).
The 2nd one arrived 3 months later. Both routers are ok, but the
service still does not work. Sky are incapable of providing this
service to her, and their CS bods cannot help (even when not
reading from the Indian/Malaysian script). Fortunately, she doesn't
really care and continues to use dial-up. I wonder how many routers
they'll eventually send before they admit defeat.

Hopefully they'll get someone out to get their hands dirty & find out
the problem soon, but be prepared for a long wait...... unless you can
get thru to their CEO now that does make them move quite fast..