Laws on giving false Caller ID number?

Old May 1st 07, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Default Laws on giving false Caller ID number?

Is there any law against sending false or incorectly formatted Caller ID
number in a call?

I ask as my voipfone account instead of sending any real PSTN number is
sending the voipfone number starting 03

which confuses everyone and I guessing must be breaking some kind of rule

Old May 1st 07, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

On May 1, 5:22 pm, "RH" wrote:
Is there any law against sending false or incorectly formatted Caller ID
number in a call?

I ask as my voipfone account instead of sending any real PSTN number is
sending the voipfone number starting 03

which confuses everyone and I guessing must be breaking some kind of rule

Then set it to send the 0560 or 0870 number, or a geographic one if
you have it

Old May 2nd 07, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 1, 5:22 pm, "RH" wrote:
Is there any law against sending false or incorectly formatted Caller ID
number in a call?

I ask as my voipfone account instead of sending any real PSTN number is
sending the voipfone number starting 03

which confuses everyone and I guessing must be breaking some kind of rule

Then set it to send the 0560 or 0870 number, or a geographic one if
you have it

Done this once already months ago, gave me the option of only the geographic
number I had on that account
but seem sto have reverted itself again, no big issue to change this, but is
it legal or go againt ofcom rules to send
caller ID which is not a real telephone number. I have had people save the
number in their mobiles only to try and call
back and get error messages

Old May 2nd 07, 08:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anti Spam Bloke

"RH" wrote in message
Is there any law against sending false or incorectly formatted Caller ID
number in a call?

I ask as my voipfone account instead of sending any real PSTN number is
sending the voipfone number starting 03

which confuses everyone and I guessing must be breaking some kind of rule

Suggest you (consider) reading the friendly document '
Guidelines for the provision of Calling Line Identification Facilities and
other related services over Electronic Communications Networks Version 2 ',
from Ofcom, released 26|04|07, at
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ioi/orp/cli/