Motorola VT2442 behind another router

Old May 1st 07, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Lord

Default Motorola VT2442 behind another router

I spent SIX HOURS last night trying to set up a (Vonage) Motorola
VT2442 behind a Fritzbox 7050. What an absolute nightmare.

I assumed it would be just a matter of switching off the DHCP server
and connecting the WAN port on the Motorola to the LAN port on the
Fritz. Logical right?

No, the final solution involved connecting a LAN port on the Motorola
to the LAN port on the Fritz and then connecting the WAN port on the
Motorola to another LAN port on the same router. I don't claim to be a
network expert (far from it) but WTF is that all about? It's giving me
a headache trying to work out why it works, but it does.

I'm posting this so that anybody else who gets stuck in the same
situation might have more luck than I did googling for a solution.

I finally found it by searching for VT2442 "as a switch" which came up
with: http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic19026.html

I hope this helps someone else.

--

Andy

Old May 12th 07, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 1 May, 18:42, Andy Lord wrote:
--
Andy

What a ****ing prat you are! haha! hope you rot in hell scum bag