Back to VOIP Stunt

Old May 1st 07, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

Default Back to VOIP Stunt

Hi, I was using sipgate for the free calls (if you credit every 90 days). I
now see they charge, so upon some great advice a few weeks ago on this
group, I have setup a voipstunt account, so before I credit, I read that if
I topup every 4 months (10Euro) I will get 300mins a week free, and this
will not dent my 10 euro???

Any better deals before I do a paypal credit, also when I was going to pay
by paypal It did not show up with the little yellow lock to indicate a
secure connection when asking me for my paypal username and password??? I
should be worried shouldn't I??

Old May 1st 07, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 01 May 2007 18:17:30 GMT, "Phil" wrote:

Hi, I was using sipgate for the free calls (if you credit every 90 days). I
now see they charge, so upon some great advice a few weeks ago on this
group, I have setup a voipstunt account, so before I credit, I read that if
I topup every 4 months (10Euro) I will get 300mins a week free, and this
will not dent my 10 euro???

Any better deals before I do a paypal credit, also when I was going to pay
by paypal It did not show up with the little yellow lock to indicate a
secure connection when asking me for my paypal username and password??? I
should be worried shouldn't I??

When you ask if there are any better deals you don't say for what.
Apart from the 300 mins a week are you looking at calling any other
types of number for example - and when will you be using those 300
mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
more information if you want a better answer.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 1st 07, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
more information if you want a better answer.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national landlines.
Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870 quite a lot.?

Old May 2nd 07, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk

PhilÅ wrote:
mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
more information if you want a better answer.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national landlines.
Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870 quite a lot.?

I use voipcheap.com as most of our calls are to mobiles but they bill on
a per-minute basis (which I would thing voipstunt is the same)and I
have found it marginally (I believe)more beneficial to route 0870 and
0845 numbers through a UK provider that bills per second as from my
limited trials their rates are a tiny bit better for these calls and you
don't get stung for the extra 8p or whatever for the next full minute.

I use voipfone.co.uk for these calls and incoming calls oh and 0800
numbers which again, seem to get charged through voipcheap.com

I haven't checked rates for a while as everything has been working fine
for the last few months.

HTH
Pete
--
http://www.gymratz.co.uk
gym equipment, fitness equipment, bodybuilding supplements etc.
Old May 2nd 07, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 01 May 2007 19:14:20 GMT, "PhilÅ"
wrote:

mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
more information if you want a better answer.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national landlines.
Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870 quite a lot.?

Well, among others I'd consider voip.co.uk UK pack for standard
geographics. You could route to 18185, via their 0808 number, for
0870s - though someone may have a better answer for that.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 2nd 07, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Henry Hooray

"PhilÅ" wrote in message

mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
more information if you want a better answer.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national landlines.
Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870 quite a
lot.?

Whilst having a few VOIP numbers - which I also use - I find that many calls
can be made cheaper using my standard BT telephone, just with a dialled
prefix.

Check out this site:

http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php

The site is highly respected, and the 'owner', Martin Lewis, is very often
on various BBC money programs.

Also have a look he

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

The name kind of says it all. You can often find a landline number, which is
obviously much cheaper to use than the dreaded 0870 numbers.

Henry.

Old May 2nd 07, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Phil" wrote in message

Hi, I was using sipgate for the free calls (if you credit
every 90 days). I now see they charge, so upon some
great advice a few weeks ago on this group, I have setup
a voipstunt account, so before I credit, I read that if I
topup every 4 months (10Euro) I will get 300mins a week
free, and this will not dent my 10 euro???
Any better deals before I do a paypal credit, also when I
was going to pay by paypal It did not show up with the
little yellow lock to indicate a secure connection when
asking me for my paypal username and password??? I should
be worried shouldn't I??

Eh..? Sipgate have always charged for PSTN calls, or am I missing
something..?

Ivor

Old May 2nd 07, 11:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilÅ

"Henry Hooray" wrote in message
"PhilÅ" wrote in message

[...]

I ditched my landline after I realised I was paying £11 per month to "rent a
line?"

Old May 3rd 07, 08:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Henry Hooray

"PhilÅ" wrote in message

[...]

I find my landline useful for broadband.

Henry.

Old May 3rd 07, 10:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

"PhilÅ" wrote in message

[...]

I suppose I am fortunate to be in a Virgin Media Cabled area, a discounted
£10 PCM for all my BB and comms.