US phone number

Old May 1st 07, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

Default US phone number

Hi ,

Could you please tell me which companies, could offer me an US phone
number ?

Sipgate offer for free (when you setup your account), an UK phone
number.....
I would need an US one, but that would be nice to get some others as
well......

Thanks and regards,

steve
Old May 2nd 07, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Steve has brought this to us :

?

Sipgate offer for free (when you setup your account), an UK phone number.....
I would need an US one, but that would be nice to get some others as
well......

Thanks and regards,

steve

Ipkall
Gradwell
Voipfone

to name but three

Old May 2nd 07, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message

Steve has brought this to us :
Hi ,

Could you please tell me which companies, could offer
me an US phone number ?

Sipgate offer for free (when you setup your account),
an UK phone number..... I would need an US one, but
that would be nice to get some others as well......

Thanks and regards,

steve

Ipkall
Gradwell
Voipfone

to name but three

But there are problems routing to a Sipgate account as they have blocked
access from most other networks. IPKall was supposed to have been
unblocked but it doesn't seem to have happened. From what I can gather the
problem is currently at IPKall's end, but I know no more at this stage.

Ivor

Old May 2nd 07, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alan Ramsay

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Steve has brought this to us :
Hi ,

Could you please tell me which companies, could offer me an US phone
number ?

Sipgate offer for free (when you setup your account), an UK phone
number.....
I would need an US one, but that would be nice to get some others as
well......

Thanks and regards,

steve

Ipkall
Gradwell
Voipfone

to name but three

Jono is right, you can get a US number from Gradwell.com for an additional
1 per month; so if you took a number with their SIP forwarding, it would be
3 + 1 + VAT per month for the US number; this could then forward to your
SIPGATE account. According to
http://esupport.gradwell.net/index.p... eid=194&nav=0
Gradwell.com have a cross-calling agreement with SIPGATE, so there shouldn't
be any problems forwarding to it.

Alan

Old May 2nd 07, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 02 May 2007 17:39:48 GMT, "Alan Ramsay"
wrote:

"Jono" wrote in message
[...]

Another way is to use Voxalot, register the account that receives the
US calls - then either use Voxalot directly ( I think that is the best
way) or forward to your sipgate sip address.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 3rd 07, 01:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jonathan Wright

Ivor Jones wrote:
But there are problems routing to a Sipgate account as they have blocked
access from most other networks. IPKall was supposed to have been
unblocked but it doesn't seem to have happened. From what I can gather the
problem is currently at IPKall's end, but I know no more at this stage.

If you have a static IP address (or a reasonably static one and you have
something like DynDNS configured), you can set the SIP Proxy to be the
IP address (or hostname) and the port of your phone (i.e.
95.34.55.25:5600), along with your SIP Phone Number (although I'm not
sure if this is required any more).

I've been using one from a phone configured for Sipgate without problems
(the phone still handles Call Waiting, etc.).

--
Jonathan Wright
http://netwrker.co.uk

cat /dev/random (you never know, you may see something you like!)

2.6.20-gentoo-r7-netwrker-b1 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
Old May 3rd 07, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alan Ramsay

"Alan Ramsay" wrote in message
. uk...

Jono is right, you can get a US number from Gradwell.com for an additional
1 per month; so if you took a number with their SIP forwarding, it would
be 3 + 1 + VAT per month for the US number; this could then forward to
your SIPGATE account. According to
http://esupport.gradwell.net/index.p... eid=194&nav=0
Gradwell.com have a cross-calling agreement with SIPGATE, so there
shouldn't be any problems forwarding to it.

Alan

I've also just discovered www.freedigits.com / http://www.sipnumber.com/
(both seem to be from the same place); I've just signed up for a free
account with freedigits.com, which is credited with $1.80; You get allocated
a number in Iowa, FOC for incoming calls; you can also make 1-800/1-877
calls without charge.

NB Note the T&C's that state any unused credit will transfer to
freedigits.com after 180days from the date credited, so don't put too much
credit on the account, unless you're going to use it all up.

There are instructions on their website for connecting up your asterisk
server, or for forwarding to another SIP account through their web-gui.

Alan

Old May 5th 07, 08:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
amp is

Hi Steve
www.draytel.org give you both a UK & US number once you buy 20 of credit.
There is no line rental and calls to UK landlines 0.01 per 5mins at
weekend.

Old May 6th 07, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike the unimaginative

"amp is" wrote in news:463c20b6$0$5559$88260bb3
@free.teranews.com:

www.draytel.org

The website links through to IPKal.
Having said that, Draytel looks like a good service provider