Recomendation for rock-solid ATA with FXO port

Old May 3rd 07, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

Default Recomendation for rock-solid ATA with FXO port

I'm after a decent quality ATA with one FXO port and one Ethernet port. Ie
a box which will plug into a BT wall socket and my LAN.

It needs to route incominmg calls to a remote SIP account, and accept
an incoming SIP call and send it to the PSTN.

I don't care if it has a local FSX port for a phone as it'll not be used.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gordon
Old May 3rd 07, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Gordon Henderson brought next idea :
I'm after a decent quality ATA with one FXO port and one Ethernet port. Ie
a box which will plug into a BT wall socket and my LAN.

It needs to route incominmg calls to a remote SIP account, and accept
an incoming SIP call and send it to the PSTN.

I don't care if it has a local FSX port for a phone as it'll not be used.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gordon

SPA3102

Or one of the Fritz!Boxen

Old May 3rd 07, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Jono wrote:
SPA3102

I'd say this too.

They are in short supply at the moment though.

Tim
Old May 3rd 07, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Tim wrote:
Jono wrote:
SPA3102

I'd say this too.

They are in short supply at the moment though.

Thanks guys. I've a client with a eurobell phone number which I can't
port over and they don't want an IP PBX in their office, so this might
be the next best thing.

Gordon
Old May 4th 07, 07:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ed Straker

On Thu, 03 May 2007 18:04:22 +0100, Jono
wrote:

SPA3102

Does the SPA3102 have an issue with volume levels like the SPA3100
had?

I had the SPA3100 but despite playing about with the gain settings was
never able to get them to my complete satisfaction. I always found the
PSTN level too low and it became slightly distorted when trying to
increase the gain.

Ed.

Old May 4th 07, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Tim writes:
Jono wrote:
SPA3102

I'd say this too.

They are in short supply at the moment though.

An SPA3000 will do this too, just in case you can find
one of those more easily (don't know if you will).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old May 4th 07, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

wrote:

SPA3102

Does the SPA3102 have an issue with volume levels like the SPA3100
had?

There has never been an SPA-3100

I had the SPA3100 but despite playing about with the gain settings was
never able to get them to my complete satisfaction. I always found the
PSTN level too low and it became slightly distorted when trying to
increase the gain.

No idea what product you are on about, but did you check the impedance
settings?

The thing about gain is that the values have to be correct. Not, its
too quiet, better turn it up. The values have to be correct for you
setup. They are gain settings, not volume controls.

For instance, get them wrong and the echo canceller won't work as well.

Tim
Old May 4th 07, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ed Straker

On Fri, 04 May 2007 15:16:36 +0100, Tim wrote:

There has never been an SPA-3100

Sorry my bad, it was SPA3000

No idea what product you are on about, but did you check the impedance
settings?

Yes

The thing about gain is that the values have to be correct. Not, its
too quiet, better turn it up. The values have to be correct for you
setup. They are gain settings, not volume controls.

I am aware of all this, having been involved in electronics for 30+
years.

Whatever settings I tried, whether impedance or gain, I was never
satisfied with audio level on the PSTN line on the SPA3000.

Ed.

Old May 8th 07, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

An SPA3000 will do this too, just in case you can find
one of those more easily (don't know if you will).

SPA-3000's haven't been sold for ages.

SPA-3102's are back in stock though.

Tim
Old May 14th 07, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
SBS

Jono ) ha scritto:

:: SPA3102

There's no ATA/router/modem "rock-solider" than this ;-)