A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

Virgin Medias new Deal/Steal



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 5th 07, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dead Paul
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 60
Default Virgin Medias new Deal/Steal

On Sat, 05 May 2007 00:49:39 +0100, Bert wrote:

Its sold as a 2M *unlimited* service.


As has been repeated at nauseam for years and years on every forum on the
net - "unlimited"[1] refers to access not data,


NO.

NTL and VM consistantly advertised that users could download as much as
they wanted. That there were no download limits. The sign-up pages stated
this.

This cap is a way for Virgin Media to get their 20 meg service out on the
cheap. VM know that 99% of users will never read or find this "traffic
management" web page but will continue to read all the lies about
"unlimited downloads" at Virgin Media's sign-up page. They (Virgin Media)
know that 99% of users will never notice that their speeds may have
dropped from max to max/2 intentionally where max is what they have
contracted to pay for.

It's sneaky and it's theft.

see:
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/webs...ervice.do?id=2
where Virgin media say "no download limits".

then see their AUP page where no mention of "traffic management can
be found"
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ptableuse.html

--
___ _______ ___ ___ ___ __ ____
/ _ \/ __/ _ | / _ \ / _ \/ _ |/ / / / /
/ // / _// __ |/ // / / ___/ __ / /_/ / /__
/____/___/_/ |_/____/ /_/ /_/ |_\____/____/

  #2  
Old May 5th 07, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 819
Default Virgin Medias new Deal/Steal


"Dead Paul" wrote in message
...
On Sat, 05 May 2007 00:49:39 +0100, Bert wrote:

Its sold as a 2M *unlimited* service.


As has been repeated at nauseam for years and years on every forum on
the
net - "unlimited"[1] refers to access not data,


NO.

NTL and VM consistantly advertised that users could download as much
as
they wanted. That there were no download limits. The sign-up pages
stated
this.

This cap is a way for Virgin Media to get their 20 meg service out on
the
cheap. VM know that 99% of users will never read or find this "traffic
management" web page but will continue to read all the lies about
"unlimited downloads" at Virgin Media's sign-up page. They (Virgin
Media)
know that 99% of users will never notice that their speeds may have
dropped from max to max/2 intentionally where max is what they have
contracted to pay for.

It's sneaky and it's theft.

see:
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/webs...ervice.do?id=2
where Virgin media say "no download limits".

then see their AUP page where no mention of "traffic management can
be found"
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ptableuse.html



There's a lot of discussion about that in the broadband forums.
You can start from their homepage and click on the links for broadband,
follow them all through, and never find anything about these new
restrictions to the service.
Conclusion: lies, lies, and deceipt.

Forget that this is a big company, let's pretend that it's run by 2
super heroes, Batman and Robin.
They are sellin this product, but are deliberately not tellin anyone who
buys this product and signs a 12 month contract, about this restriction
in place.
It's not something they're thinkin of doin in the future, so no need to
tell anyone.
It's not something that only affects certain areas, so no need to tell
anyone.
It's something that is part of the contract you sign up to, so the
customer shud be able to see it.
It's not, it is intentionally not there to see.

  #3  
Old May 5th 07, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,222
Default Virgin Medias new Deal/Steal



Dead Paul wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 00:49:39 +0100, Bert wrote:

Its sold as a 2M *unlimited* service.


As has been repeated at nauseam for years and years on every forum on the
net - "unlimited"[1] refers to access not data,


NO.

NTL and VM consistantly advertised that users could download as much as
they wanted. That there were no download limits. The sign-up pages stated
this.

This cap is a way for Virgin Media to get their 20 meg service out on the
cheap. VM know that 99% of users will never read or find this "traffic
management" web page but will continue to read all the lies about
"unlimited downloads" at Virgin Media's sign-up page. They (Virgin Media)
know that 99% of users will never notice that their speeds may have
dropped from max to max/2 intentionally where max is what they have
contracted to pay for.

It's sneaky and it's theft.

see:
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/webs...ervice.do?id=2
where Virgin media say "no download limits".

then see their AUP page where no mention of "traffic management can
be found"
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ptableuse.html


It's not a cap though.

Graham

  #4  
Old May 5th 07, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,222
Default Virgin Medias new Deal/Steal



Gonz wrote:

the customer shud be able to see it.


Do you have an aversion to spelling words correctly (and using the letter g too)
?

Graham

  #5  
Old May 5th 07, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 819
Default Virgin Medias new Deal/Steal


"Eeyore" wrote in message
...


It's not a cap though.


But as long as we know you agree with the rest of the post, that's all
that matters.

  #6  
Old May 5th 07, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 819
Default Virgin Medias new Deal/Steal


"Eeyore" wrote in message
...


Gonz wrote:

the customer shud be able to see it.


Do you have an aversion to spelling words correctly (and using the
letter g too)
?


Please stay on topic.

  #7  
Old May 5th 07, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,472
Default Virgin Medias new Deal/Steal

On Sat, 5 May 2007 09:55:34 UTC, Eeyore
wrote:

Gonz wrote:

the customer shud be able to see it.


Do you have an aversion to spelling words correctly (and using the letter g too)
?


Yes, he does. Especially the loss of the trailin (sic) 'g'. I expect he
thinks it makes him look 'kewl'....

--
[ 7'ism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
to give concise answers, express reasoned argument or opinion.
Usually accompanied by silly noises and gestures - incurable, early
euthanasia recommended. ]
  #8  
Old May 5th 07, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dead Paul
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 60
Default Virgin Medias new Deal/Steal

On Sat, 05 May 2007 10:50:21 +0100, Eeyore wrote:



Dead Paul wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 00:49:39 +0100, Bert wrote:

Its sold as a 2M *unlimited* service.

As has been repeated at nauseam for years and years on every forum on
the net - "unlimited"[1] refers to access not data,


NO.

NTL and VM consistantly advertised that users could download as much as
they wanted. That there were no download limits. The sign-up pages
stated this.

This cap is a way for Virgin Media to get their 20 meg service out on
the cheap. VM know that 99% of users will never read or find this
"traffic management" web page but will continue to read all the lies
about "unlimited downloads" at Virgin Media's sign-up page. They (Virgin
Media) know that 99% of users will never notice that their speeds may
have dropped from max to max/2 intentionally where max is what they have
contracted to pay for.

It's sneaky and it's theft.

see:
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/webs...ervice.do?id=2 where Virgin
media say "no download limits".

then see their AUP page where no mention of "traffic management can be
found"
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ptableuse.html


It's not a cap though.


It is a temporary cap within so called peak useage hours.

Anyhow, you watch, this will be the beginning of worse to come.


Graham


--
___ _______ ___ ___ ___ __ ____
/ _ \/ __/ _ | / _ \ / _ \/ _ |/ / / / /
/ // / _// __ |/ // / / ___/ __ / /_/ / /__
/____/___/_/ |_/____/ /_/ /_/ |_\____/____/

  #9  
Old May 5th 07, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 819
Default Virgin Medias new Deal/Steal


"Bob Eager" wrote in message
...
On Sat, 5 May 2007 09:55:34 UTC, Eeyore
wrote:

Gonz wrote:

the customer shud be able to see it.


Do you have an aversion to spelling words correctly (and using the
letter g too)
?


Yes, he does. Especially the loss of the trailin (sic) 'g'. I expect
he
thinks it makes him look 'kewl'....


Mornin Bob, wicked post, Bob.

  #10  
Old May 5th 07, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,472
Default Virgin Medias new Deal/Steal

On Sat, 5 May 2007 10:30:24 UTC, "Gonz" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m
wrote:


"Bob Eager" wrote in message
...
On Sat, 5 May 2007 09:55:34 UTC, Eeyore
wrote:

Gonz wrote:

the customer shud be able to see it.

Do you have an aversion to spelling words correctly (and using the
letter g too)
?


Yes, he does. Especially the loss of the trailin (sic) 'g'. I expect
he
thinks it makes him look 'kewl'....


Mornin Bob, wicked post, Bob.


Q.E.D.

--
[ 7'ism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
to give concise answers, express reasoned argument or opinion.
Usually accompanied by silly noises and gestures - incurable, early
euthanasia recommended. ]
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Virgin.net broadband with Virgin Mobile {{{{{Welcome}}}}} uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 11 August 30th 06 10:33 PM
How to steal neighbor's signal? roger uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) 52 July 28th 05 10:07 AM
Bill Gates will steal your data via your networks !!!!! Bruno Beam uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) 1 December 22nd 04 04:31 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.