Tiscali introduces broadband cessation charge

Old May 5th 07, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Christof Meerwald

Default Tiscali introduces broadband cessation charge

According to their updated terms and conditions (see
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/legal/terms/tripleplay.html):

"12.13 If you end your contract for Broadband Services with us and do not
request and use a MAC, you agree to pay us a cessation fee of 40. This
fee is to cover the cancellation charge that we must pay BT and
associated administration costs. The cessation charge will not be payable
where you are moving home and either you have subscribed to our Broadband
Services at your new address or we are unable to provide the Broadband
Services at your new address."

Christof

http://cmeerw.org sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
Old May 5th 07, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave @ stejonda

In message , Christof Meerwald
writes
According to their updated terms and conditions (see
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/legal/terms/tripleplay.html):

"12.13 If you end your contract for Broadband Services with us and do not
request and use a MAC, you agree to pay us a cessation fee of 40. This
fee is to cover the cancellation charge that we must pay BT and
associated administration costs. The cessation charge will not be payable
where you are moving home and either you have subscribed to our Broadband
Services at your new address or we are unable to provide the Broadband
Services at your new address."

Tiscali are simply passing on a charge that BT have introduced, as has
been posted here some time back You'll find all/most ISPs which use BT
have introduced this charge.

--
dave @ stejonda
Old May 5th 07, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Funny how OFCOM fined BT over this!
I would happily pay 40 to leave Tiscali, so would most people due to their
continual
poor performance and breach of contract.

Old May 6th 07, 01:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Ian wrote:
"dave @ stejonda" wrote in
message ...
[...]