Sipgate problems?

Old May 5th 07, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike

Default Sipgate problems?

Anyone been having problems with Sipgate last few days? Several people
have complained my phone wasn't ringing or they were getting
unobtainable, and yesterday I wasn't getting any dial tone on Sipgate
line, though my Voiptalk line was fine on same ATA. I also wasn't able to
get to any of the Sipgate web sites, though they seem to be OK today.
Old May 5th 07, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Mike wrote:
Anyone been having problems with Sipgate last few days? Several people
have complained my phone wasn't ringing or they were getting
unobtainable, and yesterday I wasn't getting any dial tone on Sipgate
line, though my Voiptalk line was fine on same ATA. I also wasn't
able to get to any of the Sipgate web sites, though they seem to be
OK today.

No problems here.

--
Welcome to the wonderful world of Virgin Mediocre.

Old May 5th 07, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote in message
. uk
Mike wrote:
Anyone been having problems with Sipgate last few days?
Several people have complained my phone wasn't ringing
or they were getting unobtainable, and yesterday I
wasn't getting any dial tone on Sipgate line, though my
Voiptalk line was fine on same ATA. I also wasn't able
to get to any of the Sipgate web sites, though they
seem to be OK today.

No problems here.

Or here, on 4 accounts (3 UK & 1 German)

Cue Ron Chew.....!

Ivor

Old May 6th 07, 12:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Harry Stottle

"Mike" wrote in message
Anyone been having problems with Sipgate last few days? Several people
have complained my phone wasn't ringing or they were getting
unobtainable, and yesterday I wasn't getting any dial tone on Sipgate
line, though my Voiptalk line was fine on same ATA. I also wasn't able
get to any of the Sipgate web sites, though they seem to be OK today.

I have been having similar problems with Voipfone, I notice that you are
also on NTL - VirginMedia, could there be a connection?
I am in the Nottingham area on NTL, and you appear to be in the
Leicester area though.

Old May 6th 07, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
meggahurtz

"Harry Stottle" wrote in message

I have been having similar problems with Voipfone, I notice that you are
also on NTL - VirginMedia, could there be a connection?
I am in the Nottingham area on NTL, and you appear to be in the Leicester
area though.

Does VM`s Packet shaping cause issues with Voip?

Maybe something to consider..

Old May 6th 07, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike

On Sat, 05 May 2007 23:28:11 +0000, Harry Stottle wrote:

I have been having similar problems with Voipfone, I notice that you are
also on NTL - VirginMedia, could there be a connection? I am in the
Nottingham area on NTL, and you appear to be in the Leicester area
though.

I had thought that myself, except as I said, my Voiptalk line was OK. I
am putting some of the problems down to ntl, but it doesn't seem to
explain the total outage I had on Sipgate last week. Again I couldn't
even get to any of their web sites. Strange.
Old May 6th 07, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike

On Sat, 05 May 2007 21:35:52 +0000, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

No problems here.

Thanks {{{{{Welcome}}}}}. I know you're on ntl. Are you worried this
traffic shaping will affect your voip usage?

Old May 6th 07, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike

On Sat, 05 May 2007 23:20:43 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:

Or here, on 4 accounts (3 UK & 1 German)

Thanks Ivor. Seems to be Ok again now, but the quality of the line seems
to be less than it was before, several people have commented on
crackling, gaps in speech, etc. I'm guessing this has something to do
with ntl's meddling. Strange how my Voiptalk line is still OK though.
Old May 6th 07, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Harry Stottle

"Mike" wrote in message
On Sat, 05 May 2007 23:20:43 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:

Or here, on 4 accounts (3 UK & 1 German)

Thanks Ivor. Seems to be Ok again now, but the quality of the line
seems
to be less than it was before, several people have commented on
crackling, gaps in speech, etc. I'm guessing this has something to do
with ntl's meddling. Strange how my Voiptalk line is still OK though.

My Voipfone line now seems OK, it seemed to be intermittent when I was
having problems, this could be why one account seemed OK, but the other
was having problems.

Old May 7th 07, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tom Cumming

"Mike" wrote in message

I have been having similar problems with Voipfone, I notice that you are
also on NTL - VirginMedia, could there be a connection?
I am in the Nottingham area on NTL, and you appear to be in the
Leicester area though.

I use Sipgate over a Virgin Media ADSL connection (ie former virgin.net
customer) - does anyone know if they are affected by this "traffic
shaping" as well?

Thanks