Virgin Media's legal team are wrong

Old May 6th 07, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

Default Virgin Media's legal team are wrong

Alex Brown at Virgin Media.

"We don't have a Fair Use Policy, don't need to and have no intentions
to implement one."

It states "Fair usage policy applies" on both these links.
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...ductterms.html
http://www.telewest.co.uk/html/whyte.../thefacts.html

Alex Brown at Virgin Media.

"The service is not limited, restricted or capped and we have been
through all our collateral with the legal team who are fully satisfied."

The term restrict and restricted are used on this page.
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...t/traffic.html

"So, unless you're downloading an unusually large amount of information
at peak times, we won't restrict your service"

So, if you do download a large amount of information at peak times, they
will restrict your service.

"What's more, we noticed that when we restricted the speed of the
service"

Old May 6th 07, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Gonz wrote:

rant

"What's more, we noticed that when we restricted the speed of the
service"

", the end of troll's postings to Usenet get cut off. We plan to implement
this across the rest of the network."

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
10:51:40 up 7 days, 12:51, 1 user, load average: 0.31, 0.46, 0.46

Old May 6th 07, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

"alexd" wrote in message

", the end of troll's postings to Usenet get cut off. We plan to
implement
this across the rest of the network."

Not much chance of that happenin... I think you have to be a customer of
theirs for them to be able to do that )

Old May 7th 07, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jim

On Mon, 07 May 2007 00:43:33 +0100, Edster wrote:

"Gonz" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message

[...]

And by "unusually large amount of information" they mean 350mb.

350 millibits ? That is indeed very small.

jim

Old May 7th 07, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dead Paul

[...]

they might as well **** on our backs and tell us it's raining.

As soon as there is a viable alternative to VM I'm off.

--
___ _______ ___ ___ ___ __ ____
/ _ \/ __/ _ | / _ \ / _ \/ _ |/ / / / /

Old May 9th 07, 01:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Dead Paul wrote:

As soon as there is a viable alternative to VM I'm off.

What don't you like about them ?

Graham

Old May 9th 07, 08:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Dead Paul wrote:

As soon as there is a viable alternative to VM I'm off.

What don't you like about them ?

I've never seen so much mayhem on the internet before.
All this Virgin Media rippin people off, is everywhere!

Crisis meetings galore! )

Old May 9th 07, 11:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Gonz wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Dead Paul wrote:

As soon as there is a viable alternative to VM I'm off.

What don't you like about them ?

I've never seen so much mayhem on the internet before.

What mayhem ?

All this Virgin Media rippin people off, is everywhere!

Crisis meetings galore! )

What crisis meetings ? I'm on a Virgin connection right now and it's working
just fine. Futhermore they just offered me the 'L' package for £8.50.

Graham

Old May 9th 07, 11:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Gonz wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Dead Paul wrote:

As soon as there is a viable alternative to VM I'm off.

What don't you like about them ?

I've never seen so much mayhem on the internet before.

What mayhem ?

You should read the broadband forums.

All this Virgin Media rippin people off, is everywhere!

Crisis meetings galore! )

What crisis meetings ?

They go something like "What the **** have we done?!" and "That was a
stewpid idea, everyone's mad about it... YOU'RE FIRED!" )

they just offered me the 'L' package for £8.50.

Retentions are good for them kind of deals.

Old May 10th 07, 12:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Wed, 9 May 2007 10:36:03 +0100, in uk.telecom.broadband , "Gonz" T
o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Gonz wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Dead Paul wrote:

As soon as there is a viable alternative to VM I'm off.

What don't you like about them ?

I've never seen so much mayhem on the internet before.

What mayhem ?

You should read the broadband forums.

Newsflash: this _is_ a broadband forum.
--