Broadband Wales

Old May 6th 07, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
klaus a

Default Broadband Wales

Hello
I'm looking for a serious broadband provider in Port Talbot, Wales
(SA13 2NR). I need a stable line with minimum 4Mbit up and download
(industrial standard). So far I've only been able to obtain a few
small (512/128k) lines from BT, including an offer on a leased line
4Mbit with an annual cost of about 40.000 :-D
I can't believe that's my only option? There must be other providers
in that area offering a professional solution.
Is a satellite connection really my only other option?

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Kind Regards
Klaus A. - Denmark

Old May 6th 07, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

klaus a expressed precisely :
Hello
I'm looking for a serious broadband provider in Port Talbot, Wales
(SA13 2NR). I need a stable line with minimum 4Mbit up and download
(industrial standard). So far I've only been able to obtain a few
small (512/128k) lines from BT, including an offer on a leased line
4Mbit with an annual cost of about 40.000 :-D
I can't believe that's my only option? There must be other providers
in that area offering a professional solution.
Is a satellite connection really my only other option?

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Any use?

http://aaisp.net.uk/aa/aaisp/multiline.html

Old May 6th 07, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
klaus a expressed precisely :
Hello
I'm looking for a serious broadband provider in Port Talbot, Wales
(SA13 2NR). I need a stable line with minimum 4Mbit up and download
(industrial standard). So far I've only been able to obtain a few
small (512/128k) lines from BT, including an offer on a leased line
4Mbit with an annual cost of about 40.000 :-D
I can't believe that's my only option? There must be other providers
in that area offering a professional solution.
Is a satellite connection really my only other option?

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Any use?

http://aaisp.net.uk/aa/aaisp/multiline.html

That looks like perhaps the only way to go, as the postcode area you quote
would appear to be some distance from the nearest BT exchange (512K maximum
for that postcode).
That maximum speed would apply to all ISPs using BT's lines, unless you went
for the multi-line option suggested above.

George