Anyone round here play with Mitel stuff?

Old May 6th 07, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

Default Anyone round here play with Mitel stuff?

Hi,

I have a Mitel 5220 phone, but it's not a 'dual mode' one so it has no
SIP capabilities (just Minet).

Has anyone managed to TFTP upload the dual mode SIP firmware to such a
beast - it would be great if possible.

Thanks
Old May 6th 07, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Linker3000 wrote:

I have a Mitel 5220 phone, but it's not a 'dual mode' one so it has no
SIP capabilities (just Minet).

Has anyone managed to TFTP upload the dual mode SIP firmware to such a
beast - it would be great if possible.

Tried and failed. If it was that easy, it would probably be documented on
the 5220 page on voip-info.org, anyway.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
22:23:06 up 8 days, 22 min, 1 user, load average: 0.07, 0.15, 0.17

Old May 8th 07, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Linker3000 wrote:
Hi,

I have a Mitel 5220 phone, but it's not a 'dual mode' one so it has no
SIP capabilities (just Minet).

Are you sure?

I thought on a 5220 you just held down a key (can't remember which one,
sorry) at bootup and they reflashed themselves as SIP.

Tim
Old May 9th 07, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/A...one+Mitel+5220

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:52:58 up 10 days, 21:52, 2 users, load average: 0.26, 0.16, 0.20