Which Cable Cat5e or Cat6???

Old May 7th 07, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Peter Crosland

Default Which Cable Cat5e or Cat6???

G a z . wrote:
I am thinking of renewing all the phone cables in our house, which are
wired in from our side of the BT Master Socket, I also intend to
purchase an XTE-2000 Master Faceplate together with a 68mm filtered
socket both from ADSL nation.

Now my question is this which cable would be the best for the job.

Cat5e (which I would have to buy).

or

Cat6 (which I can get for free in any amount)

The Cat6 is high quality *British Made* cable, made by a local firm.

So what would the more experienced amongst the regulars recommend!

The BT cable is to CW1308 specification but you can use CAT5e.

Peter Crosland