Do Force9 ever listen?

Old May 7th 07, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Edmondson

Default Do Force9 ever listen?

Every year we have good service with Force 9 (Plusnet) for one of our
school broadband lines - yet every year they never fail to let us down
with their invoicing procedures.

Since day one - they have been told that we are a school and as such we
need invoicing when the yearly bill comes around. It's not something I
keep an eye on, so as with most companies I expect a reminder (which
they do send).

What I don't expect is a reminder at 4pm on a Sunday and being
disconnected by 8am on the Monday. So once again I phone and tell them
to send me the invoice and a cheque will be sent by the school. As with
all schools (I hope), we need around 7 days to raise the cheque as the
Bursar does a cheque run.

So we are given a few days grace period. F9 once again failing to
understand that we are a school/business. By 3:30 on the same day they
have cut us off again with a reminder e-mail that the payment people
cannot take payment. So once again 30 minutes on the phone explaining.

So I run around like ablue arsed fly trying to get cheques written and
sent. Needless to say we have been cut off gain on Friday.

This week I request my MAC code and start looking for a company that
understands the way schools work.

Maybe I am being unreasonable, but it's not as if we are going to
disappear. A Local Education Authrity building - we're not going to
close. You'll get your cheque!!!!! It may take 14 days, but that's the
turnaround in a school. I've told you before - and every time the rep on
the phone has understood and told me that the records will reflect this.
Obviously not so.

Gareth
Old May 8th 07, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Zerafa

Hi,

You may wish to check out the Becta web site as there used to be a list of
educational broadband providers posted there.

There were some which offered a specific service for schools including
configurable ISP side content and virus filtering which may be more relevent
for your needs.

If this works then you could then hopfully ditch your content filtering
software on the PCs's / LAN.

In addition your Local Authority may have access to something similar to
JANET which you could tap into for your Internet access needs for lower
costs than a commercial ISP.

Kind Regards

Simon

Old May 8th 07, 11:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mand Beckett

Gareth Edmondson wrote:
[...]

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with invoicing.

If you'd like to let me know a ticket number I'd be happy to look into
this and get it sorted for you once and for all.

--
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
Old May 8th 07, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mand Beckett

Gareth Edmondson wrote:
[...]

I've dropped you an email, hopefully we should be able to get this
sorted for you quickly.

Old May 8th 07, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Mand Beckett wrote:
Gareth Edmondson wrote:
[...]

Pity you didn't read the complete post....they've already asked for
their MAC & after being bitten more than once how can they risk
believing your words after they've had falsehoods thrown at them
before.

Old May 8th 07, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Tue, 08 May 2007 11:10:40 +0100, [Mand Beckett] said :-

Gareth Edmondson wrote:
[...]

Now answer the question Gareth posed :

Do Force9 ever listen?

Are you going to explain exactly why your operatives are useless ?
Old May 9th 07, 07:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Guthrie

On Wed, 9 May 2007 07:17:55 +0100, Jon
wrote:

Are you going to explain exactly why your operatives are useless ?

How do you know an operator is at fault? Maybe it's a system issue?
Without all of the facts at your command you are in no position to make
these sort of judgements.

Or maybe the OP should review his own operation. By the terms of his
contract, he knows when the amount becomes due so he could arrange to
get the cheque ready in time. Sounds like he wants Force9 to
compensate for his poor memory.

Jim.
Old May 9th 07, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
XpUser

Mand Beckett wrote:
Gareth Edmondson wrote:
[...]

The words horse, bolted, door come to mind.