is there a totally web based voip

Old May 8th 07, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
misterroy

Default is there a totally web based voip

There is no phone in my classroom, and no access to install any
software on my pc, so is there a web based voip to call landlines in
the uk where I dont have to download anything?
ta

Old May 8th 07, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article .com,
misterroy wrote:
There is no phone in my classroom, and no access to install any
software on my pc, so is there a web based voip to call landlines in
the uk where I dont have to download anything?
ta

These guys:

http://www.mexuar.com/index.shtml

have a java based soft-phone. It works very well indeed. They also
have a version that lets you call out if you have a Tesco VoIP
account, although I can't find it on their website... Ah, found it:

http://www.phonefromhere.com

Not that general purpose, but if you have a tesco account...

Gordon