BT Fusion - update

Old May 8th 07, 11:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default BT Fusion - update

Some of you may remember that about three weeks ago I asked if BT Fusion
could be used with any wireless router or if it *must* be the horrible and
ugly BT HomeHub.

Well, it took five failed orders, twelve seperate phone calls at a minimum
of half an hour each and thirty-five (yes, 35) hours of my life waiting in
the house for the promised delivery of the equipment that never arrived, but
I can finally say that at last the mobile phones did arrive and I've now got
the BT Fusion service up and running, and it's working beautifully [1]
through my existing Linksys WAG54GS - the supplied BT HomeHub being still
unopened in its box.

[1] My wireless network uses WPA-PSK and the Motorola A910 handset accepted
the 63-character hex password without any problems and connected to my
network on the first try. The Nokia 6136, however, wouldn't accept the
password at all. I don't know if it was faulty or if it just isn't designed
for that but I rang Customer Services and they agreed to replace the Nokia
with another Motorola straight away.

John

Old May 10th 07, 05:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gus Noon

Hi John
If you aret feelin generous you could send me your old bt hub
Regards Gus
wrote in message
On Tue, 8 May 2007 23:55:40 +0100, "John"
wrote:

[1] My wireless network uses WPA-PSK and the Motorola A910 handset
accepted
the 63-character hex password without any problems and connected to my
network on the first try. The Nokia 6136, however, wouldn't accept the
password at all. I don't know if it was faulty or if it just isn't
designed
for that but I rang Customer Services and they agreed to replace the Nokia
with another Motorola straight away.

John

Hell John I wish I had know this six weeks ago I never tried my
supplied A910 with our linksys but rang BT and they said no it
wouldn't so the phone was returned .
Their loss anyway I shall stick with my payg I only use a mobile for
pleasure anyway and the payg is just as good and works out much
cheaper .

Old May 10th 07, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

wrote:

[1] My wireless network uses WPA-PSK and the Motorola A910 handset
accepted
the 63-character hex password without any problems and connected to my
network on the first try. The Nokia 6136, however, wouldn't accept the
password at all. I don't know if it was faulty or if it just isn't
designed
for that but I rang Customer Services and they agreed to replace the
Nokia
with another Motorola straight away.

John

Hell John I wish I had know this six weeks ago I never tried my
supplied A910 with our linksys but rang BT and they said no it
wouldn't so the phone was returned .
Their loss anyway I shall stick with my payg I only use a mobile for
pleasure anyway and the payg is just as good and works out much
cheaper .

Sorry Gus, saving it for emergencies )

John