Skype spellchecker?

Old May 10th 07, 09:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sigi Rindler

Default Skype spellchecker?

Is anybody USING an external spellchecker for Skype (US English is
sufficient)? I have found 2 or 3 which are supposed to work in all Windows
applications (XP in my case), but have problems when installing them.
Anybody???

Old May 11th 07, 08:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
OpaPiloot

Sigi Rindler wrote:

Is anybody USING an external spellchecker for Skype (US English is
sufficient)? I have found 2 or 3 which are supposed to work in all Windows
applications (XP in my case), but have problems when installing them.
Anybody???

----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =

What do you mean? Is this spellchecker real-time and for in- or outgoing
speeech??
--
Veel plezier, Bert
Old May 11th 07, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sigi Rindler

What do you mean? Is this spellchecker real-time and for in- or outgoing
speeech??

Hahaha! I never thought about this answer...
No, it's for the Skype's Chat feature which I almost use exclusively with
friends and clients.

Old May 11th 07, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sigi Rindler

What do you mean? Is this spellchecker real-time and for in- or outgoing
speeech??

Yes it filters out bad language by inserting BEEP. The de-luxe version
includes the option to translate to / from several foreign languages
including Scouse and Geordie.

Hehe... You guys seem to use the voice transmission only! I use it too (the
free one, and VoipStunt for computer to phone transmissions for cost and
quality reasons). Anyway, I use Chat extensively, and the "Send" function to
transmit entire movies between Japan and Europe.
If Skype isn't used this way, you can copare it to using the top Nikon or
Hasselblad camera for snapshots only.

There is no spell checker built-in when it comes to Windows XP or Vista, but
Mac computers apparenty have it. Maybe some free external spell checking
software that is inluded in another program and works in Skype too.